August 2012 Moms

35 weeks, 2.5 cm dilated and 70% effaced...

and on modified bed rest. This is getting super real! Any STM with insight on how much longer? Obviously we are all different, but I'm curious about others' experience with being dilated and effaced and how much longer you were able to cook your baby. I'd really love to make it to week 37! TIA

Re: 35 weeks, 2.5 cm dilated and 70% effaced...

• You can walk around for weeks at 4cm, so I wouldn't get too concerned right now.
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesourapplemartini:
    You can walk around for weeks at 4cm, so I wouldn't get too concerned right now.

ditto this. You may end up needing to be induced. Once you hit 36 weeks they will probably take you off bedrest and then you will be annoyed that you don't go into labor immediately! :) always happens that way.

TTC #3 since Feb 2014 DS 1: 2010 DS 2: 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not a STM so I can't answer your question, but I am 35.5 weeks and 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced right now.  I'm also on modified bedrest as of today as well.  I was told today they are going to try to let me go to 39 weeks, but may have to consider 38 weeks as well, thanks to my high BP. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With my first I went into PTL and was 3cm and 80% at 31wks. Got off bedrest at 36wks and didn't go into labor till 38.5wks.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @ 36 weeks I was 3 cm and 70% effaced

I didn't go on bedrest and ds was born at 39w5d

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagetriagain2:

imagesourapplemartini:
    You can walk around for weeks at 4cm, so I wouldn't get too concerned right now.

ditto this. You may end up needing to be induced. Once you hit 36 weeks they will probably take you off bedrest and then you will be annoyed that you don't go into labor immediately! :) always happens that way.

This.  You just never know.  I went in for PTL at 33 weeks, already 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  Now I'm 37 weeks, 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced at my checkup last week.  I got off of modified bedrest last week.  Who knows when this baby will decide to come! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was 2 cm and 70-80% effaced for nearly 3 weeks before EDD with DS#1.  I had to be induced at 10 days after the EDD.
    We love you baby - m/c - 09/10/2011
  • Preterm labor at 32 weeks, 80 percent effaced and 1 cm dilated.  Put on bedrest and medication.  Will be taken off bedrest at 35 weeks.  Who knows!?

• Obviously it's going to be different with everyone.  I was similar to you with DD1.  At 35w I was 3cm, 50%.  My water broke on 37w5d.  :)  GL!

• DD1: August 2009
    • DD2: December 2010
    • DS: August 2012
    • M/C 9/2013, 12/2013 
    • DD3: October 2014 - April 2015 Miss you baby girl.
    • Current Due date:  April 14, 2016
    Musings of a Farmer's Wife
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"