LGBT Parenting
Options

AW: Im so tired of stupid people

I lost my volunteer position as a softball coach today because I'm a lesbian and they thought I'd influence their daughters in the wrong way or molest them... -__- I'm so tired of living in a small town where everyone has the same warped view.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: AW: Im so tired of stupid people

• Options

Yuck.  So sorry to hear this.  I grew up in a town of 2000, so I hear you.

• Options

OH MY GOD!!! are you kidding me ... WTF.... I am flaming mad FLAMING for you.

UGGG ! 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I sent out a text message about practice and my assistant coach sent me a message saying they feel that my family values are lacking and some parents are concerned about the safety of their children....seriously?! If I was attracted to children I'd be a pedophile, not a lesbian. It broke my heart, I've been coaching for the past four years and I took a chance this year and had J involved. I didn't say we were married but i didn't say we weren't and no one seemed to mind until now. *Sigh*
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I still get surprised to hear stuff like this... so sorry. That is really disgusting. People are just ignorant. SO SORRY!
    Iui #1 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 2 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 3 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 4 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 5 = unmedicated = bfp - miscarriage at 5 wks. Iui #6 = nov 2012 = gonal f 75, endotrim 100= chemical pregnancy/bfn
  • Options
    I am so sorry that is horrible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am *so* sorry for you. Seems like you've had a couple of letdowns lately. Keep your chin up, the wheel does turn.
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options
    tdmklmtdmklm member
    That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all day (and trust me, I've heard my share of ridiculous things today). I'm so sorry. They are crazy.
  • Options

This disgusts me. People are so *insert very inappropriate word here*

I am so sorry you are going through this!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can't believe stuff like this still happens :(   i'm so sorry. 
  • Options

imagectbride08:
    I can't believe stuff like this still happens :(   i'm so sorry. 

I know, me either. I live in such an insulated world that I forget that there are other places in this country that people think *and say* this crap. I am so sorry.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    hlkehlke member

Ugh, that is so awful.  Your family values are lacking?  In a text message?  Seriously?  Never mind the utter ridiculousness of worrying about their children's safety with someone who is SO CLEARLY DEVOTED TO THEIR CHILDREN as a coach for four years.

I realize this is probably an inappropriate moment for humor, but they know it's SOFTBALL, right?  If their kids keep playing, they might want to get used to lesbian coaches. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Options

That is absolutely disgusting. If I had my child on that team, my child would not be on the team after this.

I worry about crap like this, though. Once my partner is officially transitioning and even fully transitioned to being my wife, I don't know how others will handle it. It's one reason why we know it is extremely important for us to stay IN Chicago, in the city, no matter what. I feel that it's the safest possible place for us to be, even though we're struggling financially and really can't pay our rent (horrifically underemployed). Family (who has no idea about the gender issue, and won't for a while) doesn't understand why we won't just "move back" (although we have no money to do so, no place to go, and no jobs to go to--staying with family is NOT an option, either), so we have to just keep saying "no, we're staying here" and taking loads of verbal abuse for our decision to stay put. But put simply, we have no choice but to stay here, because this is probably the best shot we have at being accepted and validated as a family. Under no circumstances do I want to end up living somewhere where our daughter will be ridiculed for having a mom who "used to be her dad." I'm not saying it won't happen here but I don't think it will be on as large a scale and I know for a fact that we WILL have support here; we already do. 

Even though I've only been away from small town conservatism for almost 4 years, I really do forget how bad it can be. Days where my partner is presenting as my wife, we often have to stop ourselves and think about where we are going, if we have to go to the suburbs for something, how the clothing looks, etc. When I read this post my initial reaction was "seriously? what?" but then it hit me; I got away from places like that for a reason, and that crap still actually happens for some completely unknown reason. I really don't like people most of the time.

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Options

Is it sad that I have no idea what to do with myself now because I don't coach? J kept texting me and asking if I was okay and I honestly was just so shocked that I didn't know what to say. Now it's all kind of hitting me. I love those girls and devoted so much time that I can't believe their parents would just take that from me. *sigh* 

This is why I always say I can't wait to move. We have plans to move outside of D.C. but not for four years (when our student loans will be paid off) because the cost of living is so low here. I currently live in a 3 bedroom, 1800 sq ft house for 450 a month lol  I know I'll find ignorance everywhere but it won't be as prominent. As you all have said, you forget that there are people like this in the world because you don't face it everyday. I hate having to "feel" people out before I can say that I'm married to a woman. It's just getting so tiring, I'm hoping I can make it four more years. I just know that I don't want my children growing up here and having to endure constant bullying because they come from an interracial same sex household. 

• Options
    imageTwoMommies & TwoDoggies:

Is it sad that I have no idea what to do with myself now because I don't coach? J kept texting me and asking if I was okay and I honestly was just so shocked that I didn't know what to say. Now it's all kind of hitting me. I love those girls and devoted so much time that I can't believe their parents would just take that from me. *sigh* 

This is why I always say I can't wait to move. We have plans to move outside of D.C. but not for four years (when our student loans will be paid off) because the cost of living is so low here. I currently live in a 3 bedroom, 1800 sq ft house for 450 a month lol  I know I'll find ignorance everywhere but it won't be as prominent. As you all have said, you forget that there are people like this in the world because you don't face it everyday. I hate having to "feel" people out before I can say that I'm married to a woman. It's just getting so tiring, I'm hoping I can make it four more years. I just know that I don't want my children growing up here and having to endure constant bullying because they come from an interracial same sex household. 

This was me..for some reason I was logged in under my wife's name and it took me awhile to notice.  

• Options
    I'm so sorry. I'm very lucky to have grown up in a gay-friendly state (MA FTW) but even then I'v experience this sort of thing. I'm a freelance tutor in my area as a side job, either teaching English to foreign children or teaching children foreign languages, and I've lost a few students when their parents discovered I was lesbian. Two of the parents who pulled their kids from my tutelage came from conservative countries, but most of the homophobia I've experienced have come from good ol 'Mericans.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"