Parenting after 35
Options

Hallelujah!! (angels singing)

OMG.  DS is going pee in the potty.  I'm so excited.  A weekend of nothing but accidents and then last night, voila!  He is still hit or miss -- has to be reminded a lot -- but there is a definite light at the end of the tunnel.  If I can convince him to go poop in the potty (he insists it should be in the diapie), we're there!

ETA:  even better, he did GREAT at daycare -- went to the potty by himself 5 times and only one wet pullup from naptime.  Not so great once he got home but it's finally clicking!

DD -- 5YO
DS -- 3YO

Re: Hallelujah!! (angels singing)

• Options

High Five, big boy!

We're not even close to being interested yet.  And I'm not going to push it until after our Labor Day road trip.  No way I'm stopping every 10 miles across Nebraska.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mwdmwd member

I'm. So. Jealous.  Have spent the day with lots of accidents, including a very messy one in a swim diaper.  So reading your post has given me a little hope.  He's been sitting forever on the toilet, with water running, then he stands to wash his hands, and then pees.  And I might add that we are training him to sit down and pee, as that is what he will ahev to do a daycare.  Really, what we're going for is full time use of underwear by fall, so I can sign him up for swim lessons. 

Anyway, I am very happy for you and your little guy. Big Smile

• Options

mwd... have you tried putting undies on him and just turning him loose in the backyard for a while?  My neighbor of 3 boys swears by it, as do a few other friends.   Apparently the wetness and uncomfortableness is the key factor.  Diapers are just too good at wicking it all away.

We'll be trying that this fall sometime.

• Options
    Yay! Hope the potty training only gets better and more successful from here!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mwdmwd member
    @Bridebuddies: Yes. He's wearing underwear except when he's sleeping or swimming. Which is why we washed 5 pairs of shorts and underwear yesterday. we pretty much stayed home yesterday,  except for the 30 min trip to the wading pool which is 4 blocks away. Today we have a trip to Discovery World, local kids museum. Underwear  or  diaper? 
  • Options

Ugh!  I guess I'd vote diaper since I wouldn't want to deal with that in public.  He'll likely forget because he's having too much fun and is distracted.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"