Special Needs

Inclining crib

My son has severe GERD and apnea.  He currently sleeps on a nap nanny, but thats not going to last forever.  How do you incline your LO's crib without them sliding down?  We also use an Angelcare monitor for him.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Inclining crib

• We got the advice to put a pillow under one side of the mattress. Then roll a towel and put it under the sheet in a u shape to cup his bottom and keep him from sliding.  This worked for me guy until recently because he has low tone and only recenlty started moving more freely. We also looked into several crib incline devices, but never bought one due to the expense. Luckily, our reflux symptoms have finally started fading and he seems ok without the incline.  Good luck.
  • We are still periodically use our nap nanny and love that thing! ... With DD1 propping her mattress up with a pillow underneath it and using a sleep positioner to prevent rolling down was enough--we had a positioner by munchkin that had breathable mesh on the sides (I've been looking for another one to buy for DS and can only find them on ebay now). With DD2 that wasn't enough and we needed to try a cocktail of different meds before finally realizing that it was GERD + allergies. She also has apnea. When DD2 was at her worst (projectile vomiting 12 times a day and sleeping through her vomiting on herself in the night) we tried to position her on her side to prevent any aspiration that we could. Getting the pulse-ox monitor set up was also a huge milestone in my being able to sleep again. Before that, I was constantly waking up to check on her, because I was afraid that she'd have an episode. It did get better, though. Its taken a long time to get here, but it did eventually get better... I hope you and your LO get some relief soon! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"