LGBT Parenting
Options

How was your weekend?

Friday I worked late and then met L, the kids, and her parents for dinner.

Saturday spent the entire morning testing the video conferencing for L's focus group this week and researching stuff for the kids' room. We all went to see Ice Age and then to dinner. L and I looked at the furniture and bedding options for the kids and thankfully made a decision quickly and easily.

Sunday the ILs left at o'dark thirty and L and I spent the morning putting the house back together after nearly 2 weeks of on and off house guests. I got their bunk beds ordered and then we went to Cheesecake factory for lunch. Went to Target to get the kids' new bedding and then I took the kids to the pool while L stayed home and prepped for a meeting with her advisor. L worked all evening while the kids watched a movie and I prepped for the week and researched the possibility of moving to Hartford, CT (we have a bee in our bonnet to get out of this area.)
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options

Friday we faced the grocery store together - not the best time of day to go, but we went as a family - so that was cool. 

Saturday we went to the Art Fair here - hot but very awesome.  Picked up swin trunks for E on super sale so he has some that fit for his b-day.  Actually napped while he napped in the afternoon, then power cleaned after he went to bed.

Sunday we power cleaned more and took turns playing with E.  DW's friend stopped for dinner on her way through town so we grilled yummy chicken for salads.  Watched the Real Lword...see other post.

• Options

Saturday was a nothing day, we mostly talked about how bored we are :-P We took the babies for a walk in the evening. It was nice to go out without having to put blankets over them (since the sun wasn't as bright) so they could look around a little before falling asleep. 

My parents were supposed to watch the kids last night for date night, but my mom hasn't been feeling well so they cancelled. I could tell Jen needed a break so I sent her to the movies alone. The babies were pretty good for me, I got lots of wife-points, and I didn't have to see yet another comic book movie. Win all around. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LV1979LV1979 member

Friday: We drove back from VA beach.  Our week away with my four year old nephew and my mother went really well.  It was his first beach trip and he loved it.  I never wanna hear the words Angry Birds again however this kid is a junkie.  The drive had it moments because of traffic but overall really good.

Saturday:  Ran errands to make up for a week of being out of town and spent some time with our fur babies.

Sunday:  Granny wasnt feeling well and was taken to ER.  Still not sure what is up she was in some serious pain.  They are ruling out kidney stones.  We also had some major baby talk last night and really just decided we are going to try when we can and pause when we are busy.  Somehow we will get a bun in the oven.  DW finishes her second Master's in May and that will free up a lot of time for her so we are going to focuse a little more on our health and school right now.

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • Options

Friday I got a massage with a group.on I had and then went home and packed up for the weekend.

Saturday: Up in the wee hours to meet my friend A to go skydiving!!! We took a ferry to avoid the bad traffic and get there on time. My skydiving class went until mid-afternoon which was just in time for the weather to clear and us to jump. I did what they call AFF (assisted free fall) where you jump with trained people holding onto handles on either side of you to help you through the first part of the jump. Then I pulled my parachute and it was just me floating down. I had a radio for a ground person to talk my through my maneuvers to land. It was SO amazing. We were pretty tired after an early start, so we grabbed a hotel room and some pizza and beers and called it a night.

Sunday: A and I slept in and then grabbed brunch at a great cafe. The weather was not looking good for skydiving, So we hung out a great coffee shop and chatted away the afternoon and then took the ferry back to the city. Then I headed home to get ready for the week.

• Options

Friday - M and I went to dinner at a wing joint.  The food was amazing!

Saturday - We went grocery shopping and to tar.get.  Other than that we watched movies and enjoyed the rainy and thundering weather

Sunday - We picked up the house a little bit and deep cleaned the kitchen/fridge.  

It was a very relaxing weekend!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"