Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Recommend your bug spray, please!

I'm like a walking buffet for bugs!  I've tried California Baby with no luck and don't know where to go next.  I used to use OFF but would like to use something more natural...any suggestions?!?!

Re: Recommend your bug spray, please!

• Options

All terrain herbal armor natural insect repellent it works but you do have to reapply every 2 hours

Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• Options

Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but Off! makes a botanicals variety of their sprays.

I can't find much about Muskol being eco friendly (which would lead one to assume that it absolutely is NOT), but it works really, really well.

claudia poirier
    Little Dude: 16 Apr. 2009 | Little Doll: 10 Jun. 2012

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I bought some stuff at a farmer's market this summer after listening to their spiel about it (being pregnant I wanted something natural).  When I got home I looked at the ingredients (I don't know hy I waited, I'm a big label reader) all that is in it is lavender essential oil and grain alcohol, and it works great!  When I run out, I'm going to try to make my own :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I use the CJ's bug banisher and love it.  It smells a little strong when you first put it on though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Vanilla works, but you have to reapply it often.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMommyMelRN:

I bought some stuff at a farmer's market this summer after listening to their spiel about it (being pregnant I wanted something natural).  When I got home I looked at the ingredients (I don't know hy I waited, I'm a big label reader) all that is in it is lavender essential oil and grain alcohol, and it works great!  When I run out, I'm going to try to make my own :) 

If memory serves me, aren't you supposed to avoid using lavender (especially the essential oil, though it has been diluted some) while pregnant ??

Though, I use this and works quite well. If you make your own, just be careful what brand of alcohol you use, hah. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We use Outback Jack and like it !!
    The smell isn't the best, but it's not gross either. :P
    I just found we had to reapply every couple hours or so. Depending on how bad the bugs were.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"