Military Families
Options

Tricare card

My tricare card only has DH's name my name that is it. It does not have ID number. When i call tricare/doc office i end up giving them DH SSN as ID.

Re: Tricare card

• Options
    dh's ssn is the id number.  when i go to the dr. office i show my military id(deers card i think with my photo & dh/sponsor info) and my tricare card.  i know it's a pain but it's necessary.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You don't need to show the Tricare card. You only need to show your military ID. It is used for insurance purposes.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You give them your military ID card.  Those are all switching over to a DODID number instead of the SSN, so you'll need to let your provider know they'll be using that number instead of the SSN.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hate giving out DH's ssn when i call tricare or look for new doctor. I wish the card had insurance id number on it.
  • Options
    the insurance ID number IS your dh's SSN ... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies.
  • Options
    imageMessyMommy:

This is not ture if you have the new card.  The insurance ID number is now your DODID number.  They are moving away from using SSNs for everything since SMs are such a huge target for doucheconoes who like easy access to SSNs.  If you don't have the new card with the DODID number on it, go get a new one.  

• Options
    imageiluvmytxrgr:
    imageMessyMommy:

This is not ture if you have the new card.  The insurance ID number is now your DODID number.  They are moving away from using SSNs for everything since SMs are such a huge target for doucheconoes who like easy access to SSNs.  If you don't have the new card with the DODID number on it, go get a new one.  

Alright that is what I've looking for ;-). I will call them to request a new card.

• Options
    imagesummerof69:
    imageiluvmytxrgr:
    imageMessyMommy:

Alright that is what I've looking for ;-). I will call them to request a new card.

She means your mil ID card. You can't just call & request one. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSoftSpot:
    imagesummerof69:
    imageiluvmytxrgr:
    imageMessyMommy:

Word! 

• Options
    imageSoftSpot:
    imagesummerof69:
    imageiluvmytxrgr:
    imageMessyMommy:

--------------

OH. I already have my mil ID with dod numbers on it. I was talking about tricare insurance card. It only has his name, my name and effective date that is it. No ins number. Just had appt with doc and i gave them my ins card and she said how come it does not have an id. I said id is ssn.  I just with tricare can put a number on the card.

• Options
    imagesummerof69:
    imageSoftSpot:
    imagesummerof69:
    imageiluvmytxrgr:
    imageMessyMommy:

--------------

OH. I already have my mil ID with dod numbers on it. I was talking about tricare insurance card. It only has his name, my name and effective date that is it. No ins number. Just had appt with doc and i gave them my ins card and she said how come it does not have an id. I said id is ssn.  I just with tricare can put a number on the card.

Ok, I'll say it one more time even though it has been said 6 times already.  Your DOD ID card is your insurance card.  That is what you give the doctor's office.  That little plastic card means crap.  Even if you are taking your kid to the doctor, you give them your ID card.   

• Options
    imagesummerof69:
    imageSoftSpot:
    imagesummerof69:
    imageiluvmytxrgr:
    imageMessyMommy:

--------------

Ok, I'll say it one more time even though it has been said 6 times already.  Your DOD ID card is your insurance card.  That is what you give the doctor's office.  That little plastic card means crap.  Even if you are taking your kid to the doctor, you give them your ID card.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"