Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Dumb question about dropping bedtime feeding

Right now we feed our son right before bed at about 7 and dinner at about 530.  He STTN until about 630.  When we drop his bedtime bottle, is dinner at 530 still okay, or will it not be enough to keep him full through the night?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Dumb question about dropping bedtime feeding

• Options
    Why are you dropping his bedtime bottle? I see no need and, IMO, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. FWIW, my 4 y.o. still gets milk before bed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mama31mama31 member

I may not be any help, but my DD also gets a 5:00 bottle.  We are dropping the 5:00 bottle first.  The night time bottle will be our last bottle before completely weaning. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekristisnod:
    Right now we feed our son right before bed at about 7 and dinner at about 530.  He STTN until about 630.  When we drop his bedtime bottle, is dinner at 530 still okay, or will it not be enough to keep him full through the night?

I've been wondering the same thing. Your schedule is about the same as ours, except dinner is usually closer to 6:00.

Sorry I don't have an answer - just wanted to let you know you're not alone in wondering what to do.

• Options
    I personally wouldn't try to drop it right now. Our LO just dropped his on his own last week and has been waking up about an hour earlier absolutely starving! I wish he was still taking his bedtime bottle! I have been making dinner time later and I think I might try giving him a bedtime solid snack since he won't take his milk.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DD is dropping the night time bottle on her own. I am fine with it since a like to brush her teeth after bath time, before the bottle. She started only drinking an ounce or two before spitting out the formula or turning her head away. She still likes the routine of sucking for a minute before sleeping, so I started making the bottle with half the amount of formula and will eventually get to an all water bottle. DD sleeps from 7pm until 6 am with no night feeding. She eats dinner at 6pm and her last bottle of the day is between 4 and 5pm. She is taking 24-29 ounces a day and eating several meals, so I think your DS will be fine. You will find out if he starts waking up at night hungry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"