April 2011 Moms

Add me to the list (and a vent, long, sorry).

of KU mommies!  I got a BFP this morning.

This was our first cycle TTC, and I'm a little freaked out because my DD (DS's birthday!) is earlier than I would like in the school year.  DS was supposed to be born in April, but came a month early due to my pre-e. 

My MW warned me that if my BPs are at all high in this pregnancy, she will put me on bedrest starting at 20 weeks.  Eek!  That would be in November.  The problem with all of this, not even considering bedrest for that many weeks with a toddler, is that I'm a teacher, so losing that many weeks/months of pay is going to suck since I haven't built up any leave since have DS.

Also, DH and I had a big fight last week because he's been working insane hours and then on top of that helping his cousin with his business, and so I've basically been a single mom since school let out.  DH still isn't over the fight.  For me, there's no reason to hang onto it since I've said my piece, I've apologized to him for my faults in the matter, and I'm not leaving him over it.  Anyway, today I'll be telling him we're expecting #2 (when he gets home from helping cousin), and I hope that he can put aside the p!ssiness for two seconds to be happy with me. 

Our "code name" for this baby has been pumpkin (last one was watermelon, could you tell? :) ), so I've got a pumpkin pie in the oven.  Like bun in the oven, get it?  

Thanks for "listening" ladies.  I know it's pretty slow around here, but you're the only ones I felt like I could tell all of that, you know?

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16

Re: Add me to the list (and a vent, long, sorry).

• VespahVespah member
    Congratulations! I'm going to be a March 2013 Mamma too!
    Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• Congrats!  I'm sure DH will be excited to hear such amazing news. Hope your bp stays down, too and it is a low key and boring pregnancy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!  I will not be joining you on the March2013 board, but I am a teacher who had very little time built up between kids, so I can sympathize. Try not to stress about it, as that obviously won't solve any problems for you.  Can you earn any extra time? (in my old district we could by supervising certain things) does your district have a sick leave bank that you could her a few days from (they are donated from other teachers)?  Try to set money away now (as much as you can).  Short term disability?  Good luck!
  • LoCarbLoCarb member
    Congrats Momma!  Good timing w/ the 1/2 marathon!  Wishing you a H&H 9 mo.  I bet the news will bring you and H closer together.  
  • 2u2wow2u2wow member
    congrats and i hope it all works out for you! :)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GHBEAGHBEA member

I am ob BP medication because of my last pregnancy getting Pre E.  OB said not taking any chances this time.  I am on Labetol and it has my BP in the normal rage :)  Maybe this is something you can talk to your OB about if you are comfortable taking meds.

I hope your DH comes around and things get better. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi ladies!  Thanks for the support. 

DH actually is very excited.  He had one of the meaningful conversations with someone totally random in his life earlier in the day that made him realize how awesome I am. :D  Go Karma!

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Congratulations! That is wonderful news! Very glad to hear your DH had his moment of clarity. Sending you lots of good vibes & karma!
  • Congratulations!!! I hope the HBP stays at bay!!!
  • imagewatermelon mom:

Hi ladies!  Thanks for the support. 

DH actually is very excited.  He had one of the meaningful conversations with someone totally random in his life earlier in the day that made him realize how awesome I am. :D  Go Karma!

Yay!!!  Congrats, mama....everything will work itself out.

• Congrats! Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy :)

I'm sure your dh will be thrilled! 

• Congrats!  I'll be an April momma again this time! Just got a BFP on Saturday (our 5th anniversary)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"