LGBT Parenting
Options

Passing the steak...

... and talking about the cruise. Smile Mostly it was pretty darn great. We had some, ahem, challenges with being around family ALL the time; the "noise" tends to drown me out, and I feel like K is ignoring my needs and opinions (she gets flustered and pulls "something out of the hat," as she says - not always what she should do, and she acknowledges that).

We did have adjacent rooms, which was HUGE! We were able to play Scrabble and cards (and TALK!) after J went to sleep. We had great food - seriously, I'm surprised I didn't gain 10 million lbs.

What else, what else... Horseshoe Bay is FANTASTIC. We didn't do much more of Bermuda because of J's nap time, but that's really fine by me. K's brother proposed to his now fiance, K reproposed to me (they both planned it separately - ha!). K's first proposal was, well, lacking (think PF Chang's, me with a mouth full of really chewy orange beef, and a "Will you marry me?" out of nowhere with no ring). Smile 

One fairly humorous thing was that future SIL, on the last day of the cruise, says to us she was surprised we didn't do more things on our own with so many people to babysit. Uhhhhh, no one offered. K did ask one of her sisters the evening she took me out to dinner to propose again (with gorgeous flowers AND a ring this time), but other than that, the only other people who offered were our nieces, who are IMO too young to watch a really quick little boy on a ship. (I'm admittedly overly cautious, but I wouldn't have enjoyed having alone time with K if I thought he may not be safe).

So, that's the cruise! FB friends, I posted some photos. Smile 

Re: Passing the steak...

• Options
    Glad you had such a great time!  And congratulations on your re-engagement! ;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yum (to steak and cruise food!).  Sounds like it turned out much better than you feared!  Congratulations on your re-engagement, and how funny that is was one of two!  So did you not have a ring  all this time?  Were you surprised?
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tdmklmtdmklm member
    I was totally surprised. Smile We have our wedding rings, which we had made together, but I didn't have a ring she had given me (I gave her a ring when we moved in together).
  • Options
    Congratulations! It sounds like you had a great time! I am so glad it was much better than you had imagined!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yay!!! I'm so glad to hear that your trip turned out so fantastic! And congrats on your more "official" proposal!
  • Options

so fun YAY !!!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"