VBAC
Options

Update to "No VBAC?" thread

Well, I had my 16 week appointment on Thursday. I asked my Dr. exactly why she thought I couldn't have a VBAC when my research says I have a fairly decent chance. Well it turns out that they just don't do VBACs at my hospital. My hospital is a very small hospital with a limited staff.

She did say that I could have one though. I just will have a consult with another Dr. that delivers at the hospital I would deliver at. Which is 40-45 minutes away from home, in comparison to 5 minutes away. Then my last few appointments, when they switch to 1 week, will be with that Dr. 

It makes sense to me. Sense the hospital they will be sending me to is much larger, more staff, and has the top NICU in the state. While ours has 16 L&D suites, and 8 recovery room, and no NICU at all (aka tiny as all get out). We are going to opt to do the VBAC since we both feel it is better for me and the baby. To help me we are currently looking into getting a doula. Since this will be all new to DH. 

Just wanted to update you ladies, and say that I will be having a VBAC attempt after all.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Update to "No VBAC?" thread

• Options

Great news!  Glad your doctor was honest with you and set you up with the doctor at the big hospital. 

For some reason around here it's the big hospitals that don't allow VBACs.  I delivered at a smaller community hospital.

It also sounds like your doctor is willing to work in conjunction with the other doctor to save you from the long commute for every appointment.  All going things!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    Nice! It's so nice to see that your doctor was upfront about VBAC with you. Good luck!!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's great. Good luck and Congrats! I think the doula is a great idea. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"