December 2012 Moms

Moving in third trimester...

Has anyone ever moved during their third trimester? 

The plan was to move sooner like in August. Long story short we have an apartment that is just too sweet of a deal to pass up because of location on Upper East Side ad space and only 900 bucks rent. The problem is the people giving it to us won't be out until September. Sooooo. That leaves is moving at the start of my third trimester and I'm a little worried because for the past week and a half and the upcoming next two weeks I've been told to "take it easy" meaning no lifting of more than 10 pounds, no bending over, no strenuous walking and remaining reclined as much as possible.

My husband is a gem and take on the world for me but I don't want everything to be on his shoulders. How can I help??? Any thoughts on how I will be most effective and productive in the moving process?

Thanks 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Moving in third trimester...

• Yup. We did this. I didn't have the restrictions you already have, so I helped load the truck as much as I could (no huge pieces of furniture). We got to our destination and had a small crew of family to help. They sidelined me, much to my aggravation.

You can direct the moving crew to keep things organized.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yes I be moving across the country the first week in October, and since we lost everything in the fire I have to shop for everything after we get there. It stresses me out thinking about it. Its going to be rough for me not to do anything, but my boyfriend already told me it wont be allowed. I will just have to deligate, I bet he will love that :)
    2weeks_zps47aaf230 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I moved when I was 32 weeks. I was already on bedrest and couldn't do a thing. I woukld pack some things from the couch, but DH had to do a lot of it. I told him I felt bad and he said he would feel worse if something happened to the baby if I tried to help, so that kept me from helping.

We hired a moving company and I directed boxes to the rooms they were going to and DH, my family, his family unpacked and put everything away for us. We had a 'moving party' and bought everyone lunch and dinner and got some thank you gifts for helping. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks to the military, we'll be moving around 36/37 weeks. Not looking forward to it!!
  • We moved when DS was 2 weeks old and will be moving across country when this baby is about a month old. I would much rather have moved while I was still pregnant.

I did most of the packing while still pregnant but DH still handled the move while I stayed at a friends house for the day. 

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Due December 16, 2012! BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • imageEmcgill477:
    Thanks to the military, we'll be moving around 36/37 weeks. Not looking forward to it!!

One of my girlfriends did this with her last child. CO to LA.  Make sure to take all the help that's offered to you. (not sure if you've done the move before) & keep anything you need in your vehicle :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've moved in all my pregnancies and at various stages.  I am not sure if you were placed on that restriction?  But if you weren't placed on it for a medical reason you can lift more than 10 pounds while pregnant.  But I agree with not over doing it and getting lots of help!
    Blessed with one amazing husband, three awesome kids, 2 angel babies and had a healthy baby boy December 2012. 10-18-2011 MMC D & C at 15 weeks 4 days EDD of 4-06-2012 3-11-12 CP EDD of 11-13-2012 Pregnant April 11, 2012 EDD 12-22-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBabyHernandez03:

imageEmcgill477:
    Thanks to the military, we'll be moving around 36/37 weeks. Not looking forward to it!!

One of my girlfriends did this with her last child. CO to LA.  Make sure to take all the help that's offered to you. (not sure if you've done the move before) & keep anything you need in your vehicle :) 

Thanks! Yeah this will be our 3rd move. It'll either be from NY to VA or NY to WA. We're praying for VA, especially because I already know lots of military spouses there who can help out. It doesn't make things any easier that we'll have a 17 month old too lol. 

• Yes! When I was expecting # 2 first of May, I moved mid-March. Unfortunately, it was an ugly scene & i ended up moving almost entirely by myself - a couple friends spent one afternoon bringing the big furniture between places.

Your best bet is to put a stool or something in the kitchen (or whatever room), or sit on the floor &  wrap stuff & put it in boxes that DH then can manhandle. If you are just doing one item at a time, from sitting, & not a huge amount of bending & aren't picking anything up, I think you'd be able to do quite a bit safely.

8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I did at 38 weeks with DD. I was able to carry just about anything, (minus furniture, obviously. Mainly because my dad helped and wouldn't let me.) I did most of the packing, most of the organizing, and most of the cleaning. The nesting actually came in handy because that was one of the most organized moves I've ever had. Ever. :) 
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Make sure everyone helping has food (dial for delivery :).  Direct packing/loading/unloading.  Keep things organized as much as you can.  

Photobucket
    married bio

Expecting #2.  Nov. 2014
  • I move at 37 weeks with my last baby. Family helped and I directed traffic and packed and unpacked. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"