VBAC
Options

Hi ladies!

candr09candr09 member

Hello! I'm 17 weeks and considering VBAC. DD was a c-section because she was breech and my doctor said I am a candidate for VBAC if I'm interested. We really didn't talk any further about it because I was kind of surprised (I head read before that our hospital didn't allow them, but I guess that has since changed). Of course I'm going to talk I the doctor more about now that the opportunity has had some time to set in. I've been lurking on here and you guys have posted a lot of helpful information. I'm really starting to lean towards going for it. One concern I have that I havnt seen mentioned is group B strep. I had an infection early in this pregnancy and they said even though it was early and has since cleared, I'm still considered positive and would need the antibiotics if I went vaginal (they didn't say I wouldn't for a c section, they didn't really say either way). Should this be a factor to consider? I've heard the antibiotics can get in the breast milk and cause thrush? I'm not sure on that, but I definety plan on breast feeding. Anyone have experience with this? 

and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
D&E 10.27.2011
I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hi ladies!

• Options
    Jen524Jen524 member

I was positive for Group B Strep with my VBAC baby.  I didn't have any issues with it.  I went to the hospital a little earlier than I would have normally to get the antibiotics while in labor, but everything went well.  I also had no issues BF and DD did not develop thrush.

Good luck to you!

BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• Options

GBS shouldn't be a problem. I didn't have GBS, but I had a ton of antibiotics after my c/s with my first (and he was on a ton of them because of unrelated reasons), and we never had thrush. You can take probiotics (and even give your newborn some) right after birth. I've also heard having skin-to-skin time with your DH will help colonize the baby with good bacteria.

hth and good luck with your VBAC!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"