3rd Trimester
Options

If you have Hemorrhoid experience... please come in.

TMI Disclosure: Okay, so this is a gross topic of discussion, but I would love some insight from you ladies that have used Preparation H before. 

I had my first hemorrhoid this week, awful. painful. worst experience ever. I used a Preparation H suppository last night and I feel like a brand new woman. My question is, is there normally a discharge with your first bowel movement? I put the suppository in yesterday evening around 7'ish. I just had my first BM and noticed a glob of mucus floating on top. Not sure if it was my mucus plug or if the Preparation H gives a discharge after use. I know that losing your MP may mean nothing as far as labor, but with my first, I went into labor 24 hours after I lost my MP. 

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: If you have Hemorrhoid experience... please come in.

• Options
    I think a lot of suppositories are formed using a wax like substance, and that is most likely what you saw considering you had used one the night before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto PP......if you really did lose your plug and this was it, you'd probably see some spotting or bloody show.
  • Options

In my experience there is a little gross discharge using hemrrhoid creams and suppositories, so you should be fine. I use a prescription cream for mine and every now and then I have a little mucousy discharge when I wipe.

I know this is gross and TMI but I hope it helped!!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Options
    Like PP said, that was medicine that you saw.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You will know the mucous plug when you see it. It's HUGE! hahaha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I use the Equate brand ointment (nasty, greasy stuff, but it works!), and I've had a bit of mucousy discharge when I wipe after pooping. That's probably all it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"