Baby Names

Brio

I'm only eight weeks, so i know it's probably too early to think about it, but if I have a girl, I would love to name her Brio. When I'm playing a piece of music, and it says "con brio" (italian for "with fire") I always think it's such a beautiful phrase. It's not in the baby-name list, though--is it too weird?  Are there any horrible nicknames her class-mates could make out of it? lol.

Re: Brio

• Love it as a MN, not so much as a first.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CTA7CTA7 member
    I don't love it, but if it has significance to you maybe use it as a middle name?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    12/1/11 BFP, missed m/c diagnosed @ 9w2d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • TheWopTheWop member
    I agree that it is great mn material.  What about naming her Constance Brio

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageCTA7:
    I don't love it, but if it has significance to you maybe use it as a middle name?

This

• imageCTA7:

Agreed.

Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• imageTheWop:
    I agree that it is great mn material.  What about naming her Constance Brio

I like this suggestion. I think it's a great nod to the reason you like the name in the first place. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Right, does sound better as a middle name. Thanky, y'all! :)
  • irerirer member
    I think it is a bit weird, sorry.  But I am really traditional re: names so take that advice with a grain of salt! I think of Brio, the wooden toy company...
  • First thing I think of is the toy train brand, Brio.  I do like it as a mn though because of the reasoning you listed.
  • And I really love it paired with Constance! Nice.
  • Oh, dang, didn't know it was a toy company! Lol, nvm. First baby; don't know very much about this just yet:)
  • My first association are Brio trains and train tables (I have a 2 year old boy).  Brio trains are really popular. Most likely people will think of trains before music.

• It makes me think of Brio MEC toys and trains. Bree/Brigh would be better. It also doesn't sound very feminine. The -o ending is masculine, where words with an -a ending are feminine.

If you like musical terms, why not something like Allegra or Aria? Or after a piece of music-- my Claire is named for Debussy's "Clair de Lune." Other musical names: Melody, Cadence, Carol, Harmony.

Just don't do Elegy. I have a cousin named Elegy, and an elegy is a poem or piece of music lamenting the dead. So it's a bit too morbid for a name.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

• Con brio does NOT mean with fire in italian...sorry
  • imagemagsugar13:
    Con brio does NOT mean with fire in italian...sorry

"with lively energy" 

BabyName Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I immediately thought "masculine" when I read the the name, but I like that it's different. I knew a girl named Bree a few years ago and that was a legit name.
    ttc since 2/2010 ~
    me (36): Hypothyroid (on Levothroid), low vit. d, borderline/high fsh (day 3: between 7-10) (day 10: 13 during CCCT), AFC: 14
    dh (31): awesome (minus one sample with agglutination)
    Diagnosis:possible DOR and/or unexplained + elevated NK cells + MTHFR (C677T - one copy)

MAY 2011 - FEB 2012 - 3 injectable IUI's with numerous cancellations due to high TSH levels
    MAY 2012 - onto IVF/ICSI (Antagonist Protocol) on BCP and Folgard (3 week delay - cyst - boooo) 5/21 start stims 5/30 ER 11R 8M 3F 6/2 3DT of 3 6/12 Beta #1 83 | 6/14 Beta #2 196 | 6/21 Beta #3 3818 | 6/28 Beta #4 22,213 | 7/2 1st U/S - 2 on board! 8/24 CVS reveals that we have a boy AND a girl on board!

Healthy baby boy and girl born in February, 2013 at 38 weeks and 2 days!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Being a musician, I associated it with music not trains. I didn't know about the train thing though. My LOs name is a brand of kitchen appliances also, but it doesn't bother me.

Constance Brio is very cute. I don't think the train thing should matter. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • It makes me think of a small chain of Italian restaurants.  I do like it as a MN though.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • imageWVUPetunia:
    It makes me think of a small chain of Italian restaurants.  I do like it as a MN though.

Thats what I was thinking, Brio Tuscan Grille  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"