September 2012 Moms

Non-Stress Test- What to expect?

My doctor has scheduled me to come in for a non-stress test in two weeks. I'm not really sure what to expect. Have any of you ladies had one? What are they like? This FTM would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Re: Non-Stress Test- What to expect?

• Just had 2 this week alone. They just strap a couple of belts around your stomach. One to monitor contractions and the other to monitor the baby. You just sit there for about 30 minutes to an hour and then your done. Really boring. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetma1685:
    Just had 2 this week alone. They just strap a couple of belts around your stomach. One to monitor contractions and the other to monitor the baby. You just sit there for about 30 minutes to an hour and then your done. Really boring. 

This exactly.  Bring a book/kindle/tablet etc.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I play on tb or read. Lots if moms sleep, according to the nurses. It's totally low key. They are just looking for a certain number of accelerations in lo's heart rate when the baby moves. Don't worry about it much, just view it as time to listen to the baby. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Super easy! No need to worry. I've had 5 in the past week. Like pp said, it's just lying there with one monitor strapped to you for your baby to measure activity and one for yourself to measure any contractions. It should only take about 30 minutes unless your baby is so active that it moves away from the monitor. Then it could take a little longer. Good luck.
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • skyejoskyejo member
    I didn't have them until I went over 40w with DD but I actually loved it--I was able to just sit back and relax! Ditto pp's--you're hooked up to monitors and that's about it.  My MW's office has a TV with a bunch of on demand shows.  DH and I spent the time watching old episodes of The Office.  It was like a date lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"