April 2011 Moms
Options

Thought we'd be past this phase by now

But DD is STILL throwing food during mealtime. I'm beginning to wonder how much she's actually eating b/c I swear her entire meal ends up on the floor! Anyone else still going through this??

Re: Thought we'd be past this phase by now

• Options
    My lo will throw it when the dogs sneak close by or when she's done eating. It's amazing how much of a mess she can make with one handful of food! DH said he was going to make her a glass box to sit in at meal times. lol. 
  • Options

imagedenag28:
    My lo will throw it when the dogs sneak close by or when she's done eating. It's amazing how much of a mess she can make with one handful of food! DH said he was going to make her a glass box to sit in at meal times. lol. 

Food throwing is still going strong 15 months and counting!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It still happens here when he's done eating.  The dog does a great job of cleaning up the mess.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    My first thought when I read your post, "Are you serious? She's 14 months old!" They really still don't understand a lot. Reasoning does not work with them. Reasoning STILL doesn't work with my 2 1/2 year old, who still sometimes throws her food on the floor. If you have a dog, I would keep them out of the eating area until you're done, then let them do clean up after baby is out of high chair. That will help take away the temptation of "let's feed the dog!" because it sure has helped in my house. But my 15 month old totally throws her sh!t on the floor. We call it the windshield wipers because she just swipes her tray clean and that's how we know she's really done. Though we're working on her not throwing her cup by putting  a sticker on her tray to signify that is where her cup stays. It worked for my older DD so hopefully the younger will catch on eventually. Or else she might start sitting on the floor for dinner.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options
    kje120kje120 member
    Andrew throws most everything on the floor and it's not just when he's done eating.  He can be an ornery little bugger sometimes and I think he does it just for fun.  Starting to worry that he isn't getting enough to eat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagekestock120:
    Andrew throws most everything on the floor and it's not just when he's done eating.  He can be an ornery little bugger sometimes and I think he does it just for fun.  Starting to worry that he isn't getting enough to eat.

This is Julianna to a T. She thinks it's funny (and admittedly her big brother eggs her on...) and I too am starting to wonder if she's eating enough. She's so different than DS was when it comes to eating - he would eat anything and everything in sight and stopped throwing everything off his tray at 11 months. She so far seems to be a pretty picky eater and just really not interested. But at least the upside is that my floors are spotless since I basically have to clean them after every meal!

• Options

imageMrsCarroll.6-10-07:
    My first thought when I read your post, "Are you serious? She's 14 months old!" They really still don't understand a lot. Reasoning does not work with them. Reasoning STILL doesn't work with my 2 1/2 year old, who still sometimes throws her food on the floor. If you have a dog, I would keep them out of the eating area until you're done, then let them do clean up after baby is out of high chair. That will help take away the temptation of "let's feed the dog!" because it sure has helped in my house. But my 15 month old totally throws her sh!t on the floor. We call it the windshield wipers because she just swipes her tray clean and that's how we know she's really done. Though we're working on her not throwing her cup by putting  a sticker on her tray to signify that is where her cup stays. It worked for my older DD so hopefully the younger will catch on eventually. Or else she might start sitting on the floor for dinner.

I LOL!! This is my LO exactly and "windshield wipers" is the perfect way to explain it.

• Options
    imageMsAng02:

imageMrsCarroll.6-10-07:

I LOL!! This is my LO exactly and "windshield wipers" is the perfect way to explain it.

Isn't it so annoying? It happens so fast you cna't even react before it's flung all over. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"