Military Families
Options

Lejeune/Jacksonville Pediatrician Experience

I took my child to Onslow Pediatric Associates.  What a nightmare.  The place was filthy and it was complete chaos with kids running around everywhere and crawling on the floors.  The receptionists and assistants were practically yelling to get anyone's attention.  I waited around for 2 hours yesterday just for them to tell me I was going to have to wait longer or reschedule.  It was my DDs 6 month checkup and from my point of view they really didn't do anything!  They gave me a packet to fill out but never even mentioned it again after they gave it  to me.  From what I understand, they are supposed to go over it with you and then grade it.  A girl in the waiting room said the nurses never even graded her daughter's.  I sat in the waiting room hearing story after story of how long to expect to wait and how they "forget" to do lots of things.  After my baby had her physical (if that's what you want to call it), they sent me back out to the waiting room to wait to be called for shots.  I went and got her shots and yet again was sent tot he waiting room to wait 15 minutes to ensure there was no reaction.  When I asked to see a nurse to check her, they buzzed me to the back where I stood and waited for a nurse in the hall.  FInally I saw the lady that buzzed me back and she went to find a nurse.  My daughter ended up being checked by a nurse who was there for an appointment with her own newborn babies and wasn't even on duty!!  What would you do??  I heard from another Marine wife in my neighborhood that it was really important to get my daughter a pediatrician here and not a regular famly doctor.  I guess it's obvious that most people would rather have a pediatrician but I'm not sure what to do or even what my options are.  We just switched her from Standard to Prime so I am guessing since the hospital on base is full this is my only choice for a place to take her??
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Lejeune/Jacksonville Pediatrician Experience

• Options

When we lived in J-ville, I took my DS to Martin Pediatrics and Couseling. It is on Dewitt, across from Hakata. He saw a NP there, and we loved her. For the most part, they were fairly prompt. 

As far as the papers for screening, that usually doesn't start until 9 months. Are you sure those papers weren't for the next appt? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We are seen at the hospital on base. I would call them again and see if you can get in there. I have had all great experiences there. My friends son is seen at the family doctor on base and she has had no complaints. Also, my son has been seen there for sick visits and they were great.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We go to base peds. He sees Dr Frye. She is awesome. She listens and is easy to talk to.
    Dr Wilcox is awesome too. We see him if Dr Frye is not available. I have been really happy with his care there. They are ok with him being a delayed vaccination child as well.

He was seen at New River before I switched him to Naval Peds. I'm so glad we switched. That place is not good with kids at all.
    IVF cycle 1-BPF!
    9/13/09-Twin boys born at 23 weeks due to Pprom.
    Ethan and Jacob-our beautiful angel babies lived for 11 minutes and 23 hours.
    Single embryo FET 12/2009-BFP! Blake born 8/2010 at 39 weeks after 36 hours of labor and an emergency c section < IVF 2- BPF! Due April 27th Our Story
  • Options

imageandrea z:
    We go to base peds. He sees Dr Frye. She is awesome. She listens and is easy to talk to.
    Dr Wilcox is awesome too. We see him if Dr Frye is not available. I have been really happy with his care there. They are ok with him being a delayed vaccination child as well.

He was seen at New River before I switched him to Naval Peds. I'm so glad we switched. That place is not good with kids at all.

He is our Ped and we LOVE him. Rumor is he is leaving in the fall though. Maybe I will look into Dr. Frye as our new PCM.

• Options
    imageamyl2585:

imageandrea z:

He is our Ped and we LOVE him. Rumor is he is leaving in the fall though. Maybe I will look into Dr. Frye as our new PCM.

He is due to leave. He is starting his own practice in Snead's ferry. He is awesome. He finally figured out why DS kept getting ear infections by putting him on allergy medicine. He is apparently allergic to something in Jacksonville. He really cares about the kids. He even gave me his call number once, when DS was really having a rough time with ear infections/allergy issues.

I think we are going to follow him when he leaves. I love Dr Frye though. She is like a female Dr Wilcox. Very easy to talk to.
    IVF cycle 1-BPF!
    9/13/09-Twin boys born at 23 weeks due to Pprom.
    Ethan and Jacob-our beautiful angel babies lived for 11 minutes and 23 hours.
    Single embryo FET 12/2009-BFP! Blake born 8/2010 at 39 weeks after 36 hours of labor and an emergency c section < IVF 2- BPF! Due April 27th Our Story
  • Options

DD also goes on base and I love it. Its nice especially for shots because you can walk in whenever to get them. DD only gets 2 at a time so I've had to take her between appts to get more and I just walk right in to the immunization office and get it done.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"