Houston Babies

Rec Needed - place to live in/around Houston

We have been in Beaumont for a few years now because of DH's work. It is okay, but not my ideal location to raise a family. There's not enough to do with toddlers/preschoolers, which makes it tough as a SAHM. Also, we are originally from the Boston area and love being close to the city. In the next year we are going to be moving to the Houston area and I'd just like some opinions on where you think the best area(s) are to live with kids. I'm also hoping to eventually go back to work as a teacher. We've looked a little at Kingwood and The Woodlands. Where do you live? Where would you live if you could? What are the pros/cons of these areas? TIA!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Rec Needed - place to live in/around Houston

• I live in the Jersey Village area, but grew up in the Cypress area. I really wouldn't have it any other way. The Cy-Fair district is one of the best in the state (2nd I believe). I will be a SAHM, but I worked in the district this past year as a Spanish teacher. I LOVED the district. To me, it's also one of the safest areas to live. If I can answer any more questions you have, let me know!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My husband and I just moved to the Spring/Woodland area just a couple of weeks ago.  We have never moved before and have already found the people here to be so helpful and friendly! Plus there's so many things to do and be involved in like StrollerFit, Prego classes, etc. Let me know if I can help! good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Klein, Spring, Conroe, Tomball, The Woodlands, Magnolia, It all depends how far out you want to go. We just had a house built in Tomball.
  • I've been in Kingwood for 30+ years, and while it is a great place to raise kids (I was one of them), it is NOT city-friendly.  My husband and I are actually thinking of moving into the city because of this - KW is definitely a 'bedroom' community, and it's a 40+ minute drive to anything really 'city'.  We have thought about The Woodlands - it is much more city-like (with all sorts of events going on), and the only reason we aren't really considering it is it would actually increase my husband's commute.  I wish you luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"