January 2011 Moms
Options

seperation anxiety?

Sorry it's been a long time ladies! I miss reading all the posts and even though I don't post often I try to catch up on whats going on with everyone!

So onto my question

I guess it goes for working mothers and stay at home mothers..

Have you dealt with seperation anxiety? My DD cries when I leave for work and when I get home she is all over me (which I secretly love!) but it has gotten hard because once I get home I cant even leave the room to use the bathroom without her screaming for me. When I am not home my DH says she acts like a good girl and is all smiles. Once I am home, she only wants me, and even though she is happy I feel like she is stressed out when I leave for work and it is heartbreaking!

Any one else?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: seperation anxiety?

• Options

Oh yeah we def have this going on too!  It's better when DH is around, he doesn't understand why I'm so stressed when he gets home from work. When he's home she'll play independently.

It's so hard to cook dinner with DD hanging/crying at my leg.  So, I try to let her "help" which usually ends badly because she is all over the counter & into everything.  We don't usually leave her with other people but the few times I do she'll fuss when I drop her off but is fine when I pick her up.

• Options
    Yes, it used to break my heart when I would leave and she would whine "Mah mah!!!" and reach for me.  My H would say as soon as I left, she was A-OK though.  She would practically throw herself on me the second I got home too.  I don't know if there is anyway to break this.  I guess we should just enjoy it, because there will come a day soon when they will be slamming doors in our faces and rolling their pretty little eyes at how lame we are ;-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

JT will cry for a bit when I leave unless he's distracted with something else that he considers fun - then I can say good bye and leave with him happy. If he's still having fun when I get back he could care less when I'm here.

On the other hand, when DH gets home from work, JT wants his undivided attention. He won't even let DH get in the shower (he's a laborer and is usually hot and dirty - and not in a sexy way) without crying like crazy. And even yesterday he flipped out when DH left to go to the gym...until my FIL came over and then JT was preoccupied with my FIL.

I think it's less about separation anxiety over here but rather with who will provide the most fun and let JT do whatever he wants to do at the moment. 

• Options
    We went through this at night time for a while and it sucked but as for one of us leaving him...NO.  He could care less if I leave to go some where.  When DH leaves for work, he will sometime cry but other than that he don't care. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrsLynnyD:

JT will cry for a bit when I leave unless he's distracted with something else that he considers fun - then I can say good bye and leave with him happy. If he's still having fun when I get back he could care less when I'm here.

On the other hand, when DH gets home from work, JT wants his undivided attention. He won't even let DH get in the shower (he's a laborer and is usually hot and dirty - and not in a sexy way) without crying like crazy. And even yesterday he flipped out when DH left to go to the gym...until my FIL came over and then JT was preoccupied with my FIL.

I think it's less about separation anxiety over here but rather with who will provide the most fun and let JT do whatever he wants to do at the moment

You are so right!  DH is way more fun than I am.

• Options
    DD1 is like that with me a lot. I try not to make a big deal of leaving. I used to go to the store and kiss her goodbye, tell her to have fun with daddy, etc and she'd cry like a nut case. Now, I calmly grab my things, put my shoes on, and walk out the door. It sucks not being able to say good bye to anyone, but it's for the best right now. I am also not allowed to shower without her. If she's sleeping and anyone turns the water on, she will wake instantly and bawl her face off until I come in her room and prove that I'm not in the shower. The milestone handout we got at her 18 month pedi appt said that it's very common at this age. LO will also start to switch up which parent they favor and not want anything to do with the other parent at times. I can hardly wait for that, lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"