Minnesota Babies

When did you take your birthing/breastfeeding classes?

The brochure my Doctor's office gave me didn't have any classes after September, which I thought was kind of early in my pregnancy?  Maybe it's not?

I'm due the middle of January.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did you take your birthing/breastfeeding classes?

• I took mine in September and I was due in November.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would call and ask. Maybe they haven't completed their fall schedule.

Our hospital does not offer classes in July/August. I was due in Oct and the fall class ended the week I was due. They recommended taking that class vs the earlier one so everything was "fresh". I still ended up missing the last 2 since DD came early. I personally didn't get much out of the classes but they helped DH. I felt like I was more prepared from the various boards and reading books. 

Also, see if they offer a free infant CPR class. To me that is more important that a birthing class. At least during birth you have nurses there to help you. If your baby is choking or not breathing you are on your own until help gets there.  

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd definitely do it during 3rd tri so the info is fresh in your mind. Mine was a 6-week class that started when I was 29 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We took ours in early Nov and baby was due early Dec.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Suz+MoSuz+Mo member

I'm starting my birthing classes in September and I'm due in February, but it's a 12 week course so it will be all fall and early winter, if it was just a one time class I would probably wait until the beginning of third tri, if I could.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I took mine around 30-32 weeks, at the suggestion of my midwives and other moms I knew. So about two months before I was due (classes in April; I was due in June). You're technically "full term" a month before your delivery date, so I'm not sure I would take them the month before your due date just in case. September does seem a little early. Is it possible they just don't have classes scheduled out that far in advance?
  • June and early July and we were due in early Sept.
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"