1st Trimester
Options

Exercise is great!

So as bad as it is to admit, I don't really exercise, maybe some walking but that's about it. Well last night I started playing in a kickball league---my doc approved me to play until I was 13 weeks preggo so no harm there. But anyway, I was up moving, running and I feel great!!! The last couple weeks I could barely get off my couch, but now I know as soon as I get myself up and moving I feel so much better.

Just a little advice to everyone out there who is completly exhusted----it's hard, but get up, go for a light jog or even a walk around the block a couple times. I had so much more energy and feel so great this morning.

Just thought I'd share :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Exercise is great!

• Options
    Thanks for the advice! that's great you are feeling better and found a way to combat the exhaustion. I have been horrible at exercise too because of my m/s, but I do get out to the canyons at least three times a week for a nice long walk. For extra exertion we hike our behinds on a really long up-hill slope. it's kept me from turning into Jabba the Hut and my energy and over-all health usually seems better after that. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sla124sla124 member
    I do feel better after excercise too...thing is I am just so exhausted sometimes I can't even manage to think about it without needing a nap. I've been working out with my friend who is a trainer, and she's been my only motivation to hit the gym at least 2x a week. I am hoping this exhaustion subsides soon so I can get back on track. I feel so much better after working out!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is great!  The last week or two I've been bad at getting to the gym for my twice a week workout.  But I'm walking in a 5K this weekend and I'm super excited.  I keep telling myself to just go walk around the block when I get home in the evenings.  Since it's been so hot, I might see if I can borrow my mom's treadmill for my pregnancy.  No excuse to not do it then!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I encourage everyone to keep moving.  I know it's hard.  Last time, I did NOTHING in first tri.  When I tried to start doing yoga again, I had such horrible pubic symphysis dysfunction that I couldn't even squat.  It was so painful I was in tears.  I was pretty limited in what I could do.  I also developed awful sciatica that made walking painful.  Granted, the same things could have happened even if I'd kept up with it from the start but I'll never know.  I love yoga and it was a major bummer not to be able to do it at all for the whole pregnancy.  This time, I'm doing my best to keep up with it.  Hopefully the combo of exercise and it being my second pregnancy will work to my advantage.  If not, I'll know I did what I could and that my body just hates being pregnant :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am planning on forcing myself to put in 2 miles on the elliptical at least 4 or 5 days a week this pregnancy.  I didn't exercise during my last pregnancy and while it was fun sitting on my butt eating what I wanted it resulted in a 50 lb weight gain and I was so out of shape.  I think it will help with 1st tri fatigue as well and I am going to need all the help I can get since I have a toddler to keep up with this time around!

image image
  • Options
    KMAXONKMAXON member
    Love this!   I am avid about my 5 days a week.  Last pregnancy I didn't work out for 9 months.   This time I am forcing myself to work out at least 4 days a week, hopefully all the way through.   I'm still doing the hardest levels on Jillian Michaels videos and feel completely like myself.   I think it helps keep away morning sickness.  
    But three things remain: faith, hope and love; the greatest of these is love. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just started a prenatal yoga class and it's AWESOME. It's basically an hour of stretching and working childbirth muscles while listening to everyone talk about their pregnancy experiences in a really positive light.  I'm in love, and feeling great from getting some stretching in.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm only a few weeks, but I've been trying to keep up my exercise routine.  I feel so much better afterwards (esp. when I go to grab a cookie).  I find getting my fitness on in the morning is best because I'm dead tired in the afternoon.  Also, it helps keep my mind off the nausea.  Happy to hear that other people are having such good luck with it too!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    This is so true! I felt like doo doo yesterday and I forced myself to work out. I work up this morning feeling great and I didn't even need a nap when I got home from work! That being said, I'm having a really hard time getting myself psyched to go running with DH. The longer he takes from getting home from work, the less I want to go and the more I want to sit here and wait for So You Think You Can Dance to come on! lol
  • Options
    I agree! I teach yoga at a summer camp a couple of days a week and even if I feel exhausted at first, I end up feeling good afterwards. Same thing with going to a yoga class - I try to go twice a week in addition to walking. 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"