2nd Trimester

Update (talked to OB):Braxton Hicks every time I pee

I've noticed that just about every time I go to the bathroom, immediately afterwards I get BH. I swear it feels like they last for several minutes.  Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and of course had to pee and as soon as I got back in bed it started.  I felt like my uterus was a bowling ball and it was so uncomfortable.  Does anyone else have this?  I go to the doctor on Friday and plan to talk to her about this as well.
LO #1 (2/10/05) Expecting #2 (11/24/12) Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Update (talked to OB):Braxton Hicks every time I pee

• you may need to increase your water intake.  id also call my doc to make them aware of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLadynikon:
    you may need to increase your water intake.  id also call my doc to make them aware of it.

This is immediately what I thought. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • This happnened to me at my last ultrasound. I had to empty my bladder, and when I got back on the table, the tech said we needed to wait because my uterus was contracting. She even said that it was from using the bathroom. I didn't think much of it, since she made it sound common, but I'd love if you sent an update after you talk to your doctor, since I don't go for another week.
  • This happens to me everytime I go pee also. I remember it used to happen with DS#1 too so I didn't think much of it. But now that other people mention water intake, it makes me wonder if that could be.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • its your water intake and freauency or using the restroom (go figure, apparently we arent using it enough).  increase the amount of water you drink and try making it to the bathroom more often. still tell you ob though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the input. That makes sense about the frequency because I've noticed it is much worse at night.  During the day I'm able to get up and go pretty often but at night (obviously) I only go once or twice.  I'll definitely post an update after I talk to my OB.
  • Just to echo what other posters have said.  I had really bad BH for 2 days several weeks ago, worse after I pee.  I called my OB office and the nurse told me to drink A TON when it happens (48oz of water!).  I managed to drink 24oz of water every hour for about a day and a half, and it finally went away!  I still occasionally get BH in the middle of the night when I get up to pee, but that's probably b/c my bladder is so full (I drink 3-4 glasses of water within 2 hrs of bedtime). 
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • I explained this to my OB on Friday and she seemed puzzled.  She said the only she can figure is that during the night my bladder gets full and when I empty it, it changes the arrangement of my other organs.  That shifting could be what is causing the cramping/BH. She said there is really nothing that can be done about it.  Seems to me if I try to drink less in the evenings, then maybe it won't get so full in the night.
  • I had BH contractions from about 20 weeks to the end periodically when pregnant with DD.  They are no fun.  I could never work out a "cause" bc seemed to happen at various times.  However, increasing your water intake is never a bad idea when pregnant so you might try that.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"