Potty Training
Options

Holding in pee for hours?

I'm mid potty training my 3.5 year olds...yes, 3.5. Its been a long nightmare process and they have zero interest. Anyway, one of my DDs has become a champ at  holding in pee for hours, til she either explodes in her undies or on the potty if I can hold her down long enough. I'm worried about her getting a UTI. I was at the point the other day of literally holding her down on the potty and pushing her stomach (and she still refused). Anyone else have a stubborn one who does this? Thanks!

Re: Holding in pee for hours?

• Options

I went through this exact thing with my 3 year old son.  He was holding his pee for up to 12 hours at a time, and would only go when he was sleeping (after his muscles would relax).  You might not like this advice, but I put his diaper back on him and gave potty training a rest for a while.  I didn't even mention going pee - I had to let him forget about it completely, and eventually after a few days he starting going on his own again.

After a few days of getting back to normal, I told him to go into another room and try and put pee into his diaper for me.  He did it!  He then peed on command into his diaper for about a week, before we tried the potty again.  

GL! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"