January 2011 Moms
Options

Exhausted!

My mom took my little Iz for the week. I miss her so much, but made a list to try and get done while she is away. Today was painting my bedroom ceiling. WOW that is exhausting. My roller broke for the last 1/4 of the room so it was just painful. I hope I don't have to raise my arms above my shoulders the rest of the week.

Tomorrow is dog washing and laundry. If I get really ambitious possibly floor washing too.

Wednesday is packing and dusting and shopping.

This week is going to fly by what are you ladies up to lately? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Exhausted!

• Options
    RedZeeRedZee member

You are 20 weeks pregnant and painting by yourself?! I was painting when pregnant with DH. But he always teases that I should not say "we" painted because he would paint the whole wall and I would paint a tiny strip in the same amount of time. I also kept sitting in the paint.

I'm basically a wreck this week. I cried all.day.long. about DD starting daycare, even though I've been really wanting to work for a long time and I know that it is really important for her to learn to get along with other kids and stuff (and DH will be picking her up at 3:30 for most of the year anyway). BUT I'm also finishing up on rounding out my new wardrobe which is actually kind of fun. We're practicing our new morning routine, getting my car checked out so we know it's reliable for a half hour commute every day, etc. It is so weird that at this time next week I'll be living a very different kind of life.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    Holy cow, it sounds like you have gotten a lot done! Good work!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh I hate painting ceilings.  I've been working on painting all the ceilings in our new house.  So far I got the living room, kitchen, hallway, and DD's new room done. 

This week is busy.  Neighborhood yard sale this Fri & Sat.  Yesterday had a Dr appt, found out I have to do the 3 hr GD test. :(  Not really surprised, I did it with DD but it's going to be harder to schedule a time to do it

• Options

Wow - I would love a week at home alone.  Sounds like you have got a lot done.

My week is quiet so far - working - everyone who sits in my area is out except me and the engineer who sits back in the corner.  It is so quiet and weird not have anyone to talk to.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
     If I had a week alone I could possibly get my laundry done lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wow, it's great that you are taking advantage of your alone time. I think I'd probably waste it away and regret it later on.

I wish I could break away from JT for a night or 2...I just can't do it. I don't trust him to be anywhere else but home with me. It's bad and I need to get out of this and fast...before #2 comes along! 

• Options
    imageRedZee:

You are 20 weeks pregnant and painting by yourself?! I was painting when pregnant with DH. But he always teases that I should not say "we" painted because he would paint the whole wall and I would paint a tiny strip in the same amount of time. I also kept sitting in the paint.

I'm basically a wreck this week. I cried all.day.long. about DD starting daycare, even though I've been really wanting to work for a long time and I know that it is really important for her to learn to get along with other kids and stuff (and DH will be picking her up at 3:30 for most of the year anyway). BUT I'm also finishing up on rounding out my new wardrobe which is actually kind of fun. We're practicing our new morning routine, getting my car checked out so we know it's reliable for a half hour commute every day, etc. It is so weird that at this time next week I'll be living a very different kind of life.

Yeah, If I don't take it on to paint the ceilings in my room and Iz's room my mom won't come and finish painting my walls. She wants me to put in some effort. I hate painting more than anything, but my rooms done so maybe next month I'll do Iz's room. I really want the help with the walls. She already painted my entire living room ceiling and she did the entire kitchen. It looks great.

I know the daycare transition is challenging, but you can get through it. Just try to keep positive. Your LO will get a lot of experiences and learn a little about how other families operate. Where are you shopping for your new clothes? I love shopping, and it makes me laugh because my coworker and I both love Kohls and we have now dressed in very similar outfits for work twice. We almost need to call each other before work. 

• Options

Mom what a bummer about the 3hour. I had to do that round one too. My Dr. told me I was probably going to fail because they tell you not to eat or drink anything and he said you should have a few glasses of water anyways. Hopefully I won't go through two rounds. I'm going to see if it works.

You have all those rooms painted?! That's awesome. I wish I was that far along.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"