September 2012 Moms
Options

Itchy skin?

Anyone else dealing with itchy skin? How are you coping with it?

My entire body is itchy like crazy. I try not to scratch it but after a while I give in because it itches so badly.  Called the doctor and nurse said to use benadryl but that is not working.  I also put lotion on constantly in hopes of soothing it. I talked to my doctor and I am being tested for a rare liver condition since I have previous liver issues but it will take 2 weeks for the results to come back. I am just miserable!  I cut my finger nails so short so I could not scratch but that isn't helping.  Guess this turned into a vent so thanks for reading it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Itchy skin?

• Options
    I had this w. DS and now w. this one as well, my whole darn body itches, esp my palms and feet. Drives me flipping insane. I take like 2-3 showers a day now cuz they seem to help temporarliy, then lotion up. One thing that seems to be helping w. my lefts/feet when I sleep at least is knee high compression socks, i usually hate wearing socks to bed, but they help w. the feet itching so I do it! My doc says that there is nothing I can really do, its just a hormonal thing w. the pregnancy and I have to ride it out. If you get any good tricks let me know!!!

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
  • Options
    Oh and i carry baby wipes around w. me now, sometimes they help too

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"