January 2011 Moms
Options

Success with Church Nursery

Joshua has been a real stinker about church nursery since he was about 4 months old.  He would cry when we would drop him off and many times they would have to page us to come get him because he would be so upset.  Ours is divided into bed babies, crawlers & toddlers and then they go into 2's, 3's, on a church year basis so they end up with the kids who start school all grouped together from the 2 year room on.  He stayed in bed babies forever because he was almost 9 months before he crawled.  They kept him in the crawler room until yesterday because he was having such a difficult time and they have 2 adults and maybe one other child on a given week.  This week we dropped him off and after about 15 mintues they walked him down the hall to the toddler room and he loved it.  There are 5 or 6 other kids in that room so I guess he wanted someone to play with. 

We were starting to think we were never going to be able to enjoy going to church as a family again. 

Plus I hope this bodes well for when he starts preschool this fall.  Only 2 mornings a week from 9-12.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Success with Church Nursery

• Options
    Yay!! Good Job Joshua!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    That's great!

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's awesome!

We had A in hourly care when she was younger and they stuck her in a PNP with some toys. She was pissed. Finally they realized that she could walk and took her out to let her play with the other kids. Problem solved!

• Options

That's great!!

I can't believe you can start preschool already...I think here I have to wait until next September! 

• Options
    imageMrsLynnyD:

That's great!!

I can't believe you can start preschool already...I think here I have to wait until next September! 

Our church has a 3 hour a session - 2 day a week preschool for 1 year olds.  They have to be one by August 31st the year they start so Joshua could possibly be one of the older ones in his group.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"