Cloth Diapering
Options

gDiapers?!

Hola everyone! I've been researching all sorts of cloth diapers...trying to convince myself that I can do this! ha! I seem to keep coming back to gDiapers. Do any of you use them? Love them? Hate them?

Re: gDiapers?!

• Options
    We really like them, which from research and reading this board we seem to be the minority. We have 2, plus 6inserts for each set. they work well for us. We also figured that when DD outgrows the sizes, we will make use of the inserts for extra absorbancy in the stash of pockets we have. You never know til you try to see what works I took a chance even with the mixed reviews.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

For me they didn't work out. They leaked, the three part system was a pain and seemed really flimsy, the g cloth wasn't really absorbant enough and adding more for us made them leak even worse. I think the pouch and sizing system is a scam to get you to spend more money.  The sizing ran small and my dd outgrew them really fast.

They have great marketing but in my opinion poor execution. The hybrid flip and grovia systems worked much better for us, and both can be used with prefolds or other stay dry inserts. 

Check out the faqs at the top of the page for a comparison chart. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hated, hated, hated them.  They leaked for me every...singe...time.  Every other type of diaper I've tried has worked great.  That was the only one that didn't work.  In fact, it was so bad, I didn't even consider trying to resell them, I just threw them out.  If they work for you, that's great, but I would really recommend trying Flips or Grovia if you want a system like the gDiaper.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options

imageTwirple:
    I hated, hated, hated them.  They leaked for me every...singe...time.  Every other type of diaper I've tried has worked great.  That was the only one that didn't work.  In fact, it was so bad, I didn't even consider trying to resell them, I just threw them out.  If they work for you, that's great, but I would really recommend trying Flips or Grovia if you want a system like the gDiaper.

I second this.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We use them pretty regularly and they work out awesome for us.  However!  We use Green Mountain Diaper's organic cotton prefolds, trifolded as the insert.  I've heard gDiaper's cloth inserts suck..I haven't tried them personally though.  We have 3 covers and a total of 9 liners.  I had originally bought GMD prefolds and a couple thirsties covers but after seeing how awesomely absorbent GMD prefolds are I decided to try putting one inside the gDiaper and it works wonderfully.  My LO is in size small gDiaper with the orange edge prefold for the insert.  FYI - we have had a couple leaks here and there with EBF poo but I expect a leak or two no matter what type of diaper.  The leaks are very minimal and are caught before ruining clothes etc.  We change her quite often though.  Like PP, we just swap the liner if poo gets on it, easy!
    ? J + J = 5/29/10.?
    TTC since 8/2010. Irregular cycles after stopping BCP.
    1st BFP! 3/26/11. Missed M/C - D&C 5/2/11.
    Always missed: Our little Blueberry. It's Never Over.
    2nd BFP! 9/3/11 on last unmedicated cycle! EDD: 5/11/12
    1stBeta @13DPO = 289, 2ndBeta @15DPO = 619!
    ? Clementine Lorraine, we love you so much already! ?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have one. I like it. It's pretty trim and easy to use. I like how I can just change out the insert instead of the entire diaper.

I use prefolds as inserts instead of spending the money on the g-cloth. The infant size Osocozy prefolds fit perfectly in the medium gDiapers.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • Options
    I think they are so so. What I hate about them is that the snaps that hold the liner digs into my sons hips no matter how loose the diaper is. I have read to sew a flannel flap over them but I haven't done that and am currently switching to freetimes. 

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• Options
    I received the newborn starter pack as a gift, so it came with both the newborn and size small diapers. I really liked these, because my son is on the skinny side. They're great for day use. I wouldn't recommend them for overnight, but I really do like these and haven't had any issues with leaks, but then again, my son won't tolerate even a slightly damp diaper on his butt, so there never really is a chance for leaking. I'm sad that he's starting to outgrow the smalls, because we have about  8 of them, so now my stash is shrinking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"