Baby Names

Middle name help for Halle

We were so set on using Louise for a middle name until DH's cousin named their daughter Macie Louise. It is my mom's middle name and our favorite place Lake Louise. His dad said that Macie Lou sounded like a character from the Grinch and now he doesn't like it. So... any ideas for a middle name? We love names that have meaning but at this time I just need a few ideas to start brainstorming with.  None of the following are meaningful to us but so far I like:

Halle Mae
Halle Rose
Halle Jane

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Middle name help for Halle

• I wouldn't let my cousin using a MN that had meaning to me sway me. Never.

Halle Louise is adorable. Your FIL can shove it up his arse.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • imageSnoopyLuv:

I wouldn't let my cousin using a MN that had meaning to me sway me. Never.

This.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ha! I still love Louise. DH likes Hallie Quinn. I'm not even sure how to spell Halle/Hallie. I vote Halle and DH is Hallie. Thoughts?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How about Halle Eloise?

From your other choices I prefer Halle Rose. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageSnoopyLuv:

I wouldn't let my cousin using a MN that had meaning to me sway me. Never.

This. I love your name!!

My father also had a, uhm, reaction to my son's middle name. My response was, yup, that's his name. It was quite clear that we weren't changing it. Stick with the name you love!! 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Halle Louise. Out of the other choices, I like Mae or Quinn.

I def. think it should be spelled Halle

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Stick with Louise if that's the name you love. Who cares what FIL thinks?
    ✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • I think Halle Rose is cute but I think you should still use Louise if it is a name you really love even if your cousin used it! My cousin and I have the same middle name and its actually not that much of a problem with us! But if you are still set about having a different name what about Loraine or Lorene so she would still have the same initals as if you used Louise!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd keep Louise because it is meaningful to you.  Who cares if your husband's cousin used the same middle name? That would not sway me one bit.  My DH has 3 first cousins named Christine, and they were all born in the same year!  In your situation, we're talking about middle names, not firsts.  It's also your DH's cousin's child.  I care if chose the same name as my DH's cousin chose for his/her child.

As for the spelling issue: I 100% prefer Hallie over Halle.  The omission of the I just makes it look like Halle Berry was your inspiration to me.   

image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • imageSunshineMuffin:

I'd keep Louise because it is meaningful to you.  Who cares if your husband's cousin used the same middle name? That would not sway me one bit.  My DH has 3 first cousins named Christine, and they were all born in the same year!  In your situation, we're talking about middle names, not firsts.  It's also your DH's cousin's child.  I care if chose the same name as my DH's cousin chose for his/her child.

As for the spelling issue: I 100% prefer Hallie over Halle.  The omission of the I just makes it look like Halle Berry was your inspiration to me.   

And Halle  Berry was named after a department store in Cleveland (that closed in the 80's).  They had a kick ass toy section (lots of toys to play with!). 

I would go with Hallie.  

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"