Preemies
Options

Introducing myself

Hi everyone. Never expected to find myself on this board, but I have been lurking a bit since I found out I'd be having a preemie, and I find the board really reassuring, so I wanted to intro.

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my water broke (in the first 10 min of my prenatal yoga class, haha). My water broke at 30w4d, and I am currently 32w3d. The doctors are surprised and impressed with how well my body and LO have been working together to keep her baking (in the hospital, on modified bed rest), but I am definitely facing induction at 34 w. The combination of being in the hospital for so long and worrying about how LO will do is very trying, but I am hanging in there. I am just starting to think a lot more about what will happen when LO arrives, so I am sure I will have a ton of questions. But for now, just wanted to say hello! 

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Introducing myself

• Options
    I'm a newbie here as well, welcome!   More power to you for doing hospital bed rest for this long, I was admitted 4 days before my LO was born, and I was going stir crazy already!   Hope you are able to make it 34 wks, you have a better chance of less health problems.  We just had a short time on a CPAP, and some jaundice issues, but mostly LO just had to learn to eat!   Good luck, and hope for a safe delivery!
    Me: 30 DH:33 DX PCOS TTC #1 since 1/11. Metformin 1000mg before BFP, 2 rounds of Provera and 1 round of Clomid. BFP 10/12! Ethan James born 5/11/12 at 34 weeks...after 4 weeks in the NICU he finally came home!!
  • Options

Hello and welcome - you've done a great job! Every day matters, so just keep hanging in there like you have. There's no way to predict how a preemie will do but NICU is brutal and emotional with scattered moments of joy. I think that will be the hardest thing in the (hopefully not too near) future. There is a link to a FAQ in my siggy that you should share with family and friends so they'll know how to help you when the time comes.

GL and feel free to pop in with any questions :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    rels09rels09 member
    imageurbanflowerpot:

Hello and welcome - you've done a great job! Every day matters, so just keep hanging in there like you have. There's no way to predict how a preemie will do but NICU is brutal and emotional with scattered moments of joy. I think that will be the hardest thing in the (hopefully not too near) future. There is a link to a FAQ in my siggy that you should share with family and friends so they'll know how to help you when the time comes.

GL and feel free to pop in with any questions :) 

Thanks for the resources (and the encouragement)!

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Praying for you and little one! Keep up the good work Mama! Please keep us posted.

• Options
    Welcome, and I hope your LO continues to bake for as long as possible! 
    IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"