August 2011 Moms
Options

NBR- need crafty moms help!

So here's the story. I am a councler at a summer camp, well this year I am in charge of the craft station for the last two weeks. The first week I am in charge is superhero week. I am at a total loss as to what to get these kids to make. We get 3-1 hour sessions throughout the week. We need to do something with wood and is has to be theme related. I was planning on searching the internet this weekend but any help would be great! Thanks a bunch! P.s. the age group is 6-12
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR- need crafty moms help!

• Options
    What about Superhero masks? All the kids can make their own mask of their favorite superhero. Check pinterest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Check Pinterest! My bible for crafts. You could do bird house, you said with wood right? Or some sort of wood plaque they can hang in there room. Have them paint there name on them or something they love.
    Lynette Kaitlyn Jones arrived August 23rd, 2011! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well if it is wood and has to be Superhero theme I would think a sword or wand for there magical powers Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Also this is pretty cute and doubles as a bookmark.

https://pinterest.com/pin/20407004531848529/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Got my idea! Gonna do the bookmarks and HQ. a wooden box kit that the kids build and decorate with comic book decoupage. I will post pics in a few weeks when they are done! I am super excited!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I know you said you already got an idea, but just in case...

One year at summer camp, the group I was with had a knight theme, so they had small wooden shields for all of us - just a simple shape cut out of wood with a nylon strap on the back for carrying. You could do a circle like Captain America's shield and have them paint them. We signed each other's shields with a sharpie at the end of the week.

My first thought was to decorate capes, but masks (like someone said above) would probably be easier :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"