North Carolina Babies

Re-locating to the Charlotte area. Please help!

Hi there,

I could really use your input. My DH and I are very seriously considering moving to the Charlotte area but have absolutely no idea about the school systems in the area. Would you please help a mama out and let me know which school systems, specifically public elementary schools, are the best? I don't even know where to start...

Thank you SO much for your help!

Re: Re-locating to the Charlotte area. Please help!

• Hi. It really depends which part of Charlotte you are looking into as far as the schools go. CMS (Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools) is the district for all of Charlotte and Mecklenburg county. It is a mess overall, but there are some good areas. We are in Huntersville, and the Lake Norman area seems to be pretty good overall, though some schools are obviously better than others. Maybe if you narrow it down to area of Charlotte you might get better info.  

• I dont know a lot about schools here yet, but I am loving the Steele Creek area!  My husband and I just moved here. 
  • Loading the player...
  • If you are thinking of moving to Charlotte I would actually look at homes and schools in Fort Mill, SC. It's just south of Charlotte and has some of the highest rated public schools on the east coast. I live/work in Charlotte and my co-workers all live in Fort Mill or have their children in private schools.
  • imageAug05bride13:

Hi. It really depends which part of Charlotte you are looking into as far as the schools go. CMS (Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools) is the district for all of Charlotte and Mecklenburg county. It is a mess overall, but there are some good areas. We are in Huntersville, and the Lake Norman area seems to be pretty good overall, though some schools are obviously better than others. Maybe if you narrow it down to area of Charlotte you might get better info.  

We are thinking either South Charlotte or Lake Norman. What do you mean by mess overall? Are there any specific elementary schools in those areas that are really good? 

• kac831kac831 member
    Both areas are nice (meaning South CLT or Lake norman/ Huntersville area), where will you or your DH be working? this will play alot into which area you choose. Some may not be realistic for everyday commute. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I may not be the best person to offer advice as I attended private school growing up in Charlotte but I do remember Myers Park and Providence were two of the top high schools in the area. You could find out what elementary schools feed to those if you are so inclined. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"