New York Babies
Options

Infertility centers

I'm in the process of undergoing all the infertility testing and I have the HSG testing next week. My friend who just underwent IVF said I should start looking into infertility centers. She recommended Beth Israel. Does anyone have any info on others?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Infertility centers

• Options
    I really appreciated the small-office atmosphere of OFRM on 67th and Park. Drs Cecilia-Schmidt Sarosi and Peter Sarosi are excellent, all the nurses know who you are and support you, and you're never just a number. I know Cornell and Columbia have the best reputations for IVF, but I totally recommend this small practice if it's important to you to have your care with people who know who you are and don't have 300 patients at once.
    TTC since 8/10.Hypothyroidism, put on Synthroid. Clomid 50 mg + IUI Oct '11 = BFN. HSG found blocked tube Nov '11. Lap + Hysteroscopy to remove tube and fix septum Dec '11. Cancelled following cycle due to lack of response to Clomid. Jan/Feb '12 Clomid 100mg + Folllitism + HSG + Vivelle Dot + IUI #2 = BFN. 3/30/12: Natural Cycle BFP - beta 59 @ 12dpo, beta 286 @ 16dpo Baby boy arrived 12/8/12!
  • Options
    I did ivf at NYU Dr.Berkely is a dream.. my first time and as u can see by my sig, im currently pregnant. Beautiful office and all the nurses are helpful. I definately recommend him... Good luck
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I been to RMANY located on Madison Avenue in the city and used Dr. Copperman loved him but fortunately I got pregnant without any treatments. My OB also went there for her IVF.

Fastforward a few years, had problems getting pregnant again but RMA was no longer covered under my insurance and had to go to Center for Women's Reproductive Care in Columbia Circle (the only IF center covered) and saw Dr. Zimmermann.  Didn't feel like I got the care/love that RMA provided.  Again I got pregnant without any treatments.

i can't give you any thoughts on the treatments but both place "scared" me into getting pregnant naturally.

GOOD LUCK!

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I didn't do IVF (though I was researching it as an option), I ended up doing IUI. It was my third IUI but my first at this clinic. And it was successful!

I went to New Hope Fertility Center located in Columbus Circle. My Dr. was Dr. Zhang. The office was bright and clean and the nurses very sweet and helpful.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the information. I am precisely looking for a place that won't see me as another case but rather as a human being that needs the proper attention. I'll look into it. Unfortunately a lot of my decision on where to go will also depend on my insurance covering the costs because it can get quite pricey from what I've researched.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

i did some research and am currently in the process of undergoing ivf treatment with Dr. Brenner at Long Island IVF they have locations all over long island and are open from 630 in the morning till 5,6,sometimes even later at night ive found them to be amazing and patient with my billion questions and very understanding about my insurance not covering anything!!! 

they treat you like a human being and not another paycheck and are ontop of every test and every little thing and believe me everything that could go wrong has gone wrong in my case and they couldnt have been better about everything!!!

they just merged with another facility so now they have even more staff to help you out! they have been amazing! cant recommend them enough! 

• Options
    I know this is a NY board, but I live in NY and I went to RMA NJ. The closest office to NY is in Englewood. I saw Dr. Rybak and really liked him. After 2 IUI cycles with him, my husband and I are pregnant (with twins!)! He is a really nice person and has great bedside manner. I felt like I was treated really well at RMA NJ and not just as a number. Each patient is assigned a nurse and that nurse is the one that always calls you with instruction. My nurse gave me her email address and would always answer any of my (crazy) questions. If you do some research online, you will see that RMA NJ has the best numbers out there by far. The founding partners (Dr. Bergh, Dr. Scott) see patients out of their headquarters in Morristown (which is far). You may have to wait a few weeks (months?) to see them...but you can always monitor in Englewood. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"