Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Chambersburg vs. Carlisle Hospital

We are TTC #2 and live between Chambersburg and Carlisle. I should probably choose an OBGYN soon since I haven't gotten an annual since moving here and I don't want to choose one in a pinch if/when I get PG.

Chambersburg is slightly closer and I know they have a huge multi-doctor practice. Problem is that they would logically deliver at Chambersburg hospital - the tiniest hospital I've ever seen with only the basic of basics when it comes to their nursery.

Carlisle's hospital is still on the small side, but bigger with a level 2 nursery. I'm not familiar with any practices up there, though I know some must exist. :)

DS #1 was 6 weeks early and spent 2 weeks in the NICU. If something similar happens with #2, I don't know where we would be sent for a NICU - especially if we were in Chambersburg since there is nothing nearby.

Any thoughts from those who have delivered in either of these hospitals? TIA!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

Re: Chambersburg vs. Carlisle Hospital

• Options

I did not deliver at either, but I would not go to Carlisle for hangnail let alone anything medical.

If NICU is needed go to Harrisburg Hospital or Hershey

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagespunkielexis196:

I did not deliver at either, but I would not go to Carlisle for hangnail let alone anything medical.

If NICU is needed go to Harrisburg Hospital or Hershey

The birth center is separate from the rest of the hospital.  They're actually great.  I'll be delivery our next baby (some time in the near-ish future when we TTC again) at Carlisle for the LC alone.  The Carlisle OB group is fantastic.  I have a bunch of friends that have had wonderful births there.  I actually paid to go see the LC at Carlisle because she's that fantastic.   

BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is very helpful to me, too!  I had my son naturally -- but in another state -- and am about six weeks along and living in Carlisle.  I'm looking for the opportunity to deliver naturally again.  Thanks for your input!
  • Options

I live in Chambersburg and had my LO at Gettysburg,  Would NEVER go to Chambersburg except for an emergency

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just moved to Chambersburg last year from Pittsburgh. I told my husband that there is NO way I am going to this hospital to deliver since they don't have a NICU. I have heard wonderful things about York hospital, so I'm currently looking for an OBGYN there. Any input would be helpful for me as well!

BFP #1: 10/15/10- DS born 6/29/11

BFP #2: 6/26/2012- DS born 3/11/13

BFP #3: 2/26/14- MMC and D&C 4/11/14

BFP#4: 9/1/14- MC 9/6/14

BFP#5: 10/3/14- Due Date 6/15/15

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imageEricaD777:
    I just moved to Chambersburg last year from Pittsburgh. I told my husband that there is NO way I am going to this hospital to deliver since they don't have a NICU. I have heard wonderful things about York hospital, so I'm currently looking for an OBGYN there. Any input would be helpful for me as well!

See, now I've heard that the York NICU is a joke and if you want a NICU "where the nurses listen and the doctors actually talk to the parents" you need to go to Hershey. Huh?

Uuuuuugh. Why is this so freaking hard? 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options

Hey friend!  I had M & now LO #2 at Carlisle.  I really liked my stay with M, and honestly I can't wait to go back for this LO.  Maybe because it will be a mini vaca! :)  The facility is really nice, and everyone was very helpful with nursing & taking care of you.  I also liked that the Women's Center is separate so you don't have to go into the actual hospital ever.

I'm not sure about the NICU though since she was born late with no complications.  Some of my friends have delivered at Chambersburg and they said it was okay.  The biggest complaint was the nurses, some of them weren't the nicest.

Good Luck!  And, glad to know you guys are TTC! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"