Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Hey Dads...where are you from?

Hey,

Just thought I would start another topic since we all have one thing in common...kids or kids coming soon.

We live in Southern California, outside of Los Angeles, which means my wife is living through a rough, hot summer in the Valley while carrying our kid. I know it's warm everywhere right now, but LA can be tough. The good thing is the beach is 45 minutes away and it's always 15 degrees cooler there so when she wants some fresh air we make a day out of it and head to cooler waters.

I'm originally from St. Louis, Missouri so I'm use to having seasons and seeing snow, but my kid won't. It's kinda weird, but I'm excited to see him grow up in an entirely new and different environment than what I grew up in. He will actually where shorts in October and November and he may never own a hard core coat with mittens, skull caps and thermals! Crazy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hey Dads...where are you from?

• Options

I live in San Diego right now but we will be off to Madison WI in a month for my wife to go to grad school.  I have been here for 4 years.   The Wisconsin winter is going to be really hard but I really like Madison so that's ok.

I grew up in PA, went to college in VA, lived in Madison a little and in Mammoth Lakes at the ski resort.  I've been around a bit. 

I live right at the beach so the weather is great but I work inland a bit where it is 115 degrees some days.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    coybigcoybig member
    we live in Madison.  Been here about 4 years.
    there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I live in Las Vegas Nevada.  Also known as a hot furnace in the summer.  After 20  years here the summers still feel brutal from year to year.  
  • Options

Milwaukee, more bars per capita then any other city in the country!!!

We are in a serious, serious drought right now.  We als have had two weeks of temps reaching 90-100!!

My wife is not going anywhere these days, Thank God!!  She is staying at home, organizing and preping for the big day.  We also bought a brand new 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  It is Bad Ass!!!

• Options
    Central California. Where it is 70 degrees everyday yet my wife still thinks it's to hot all the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJonesClan:
    Central California. Where it is 70 degrees everyday yet my wife still thinks it's to hot all the time.

I'm assuming you're from the coast of Central California, because the Central California (the Central Valley) I'm from is always in the 100s.

• Options
    imagesdjack:

imageJonesClan:

I'm assuming you're from the coast of Central California, because the Central California (the Central Valley) I'm from is always in the 100s.

Yup. on the coast. over here is SLO. Kinda foggy right now

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageJonesClan:

My parents live in Monterey.  Both teach at Cal State Monterey Bay.  I love it out there.  They moved out there 15 years ago.

• Options

imageJonesClan:

It's pretty nice weather here in SoCal too, but my wife keeps our house at nearly 40 degrees. I get it, she's cooking a kid, but I can see my breath in the morning and the dogs are literally shaking when I put there leashes on for a walk....it's hilarious!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

North Carolina!

We have had 10 straight days of 100+ with the humidity. The old lady is swelling and having braxton hicks. 

• Options
    imagethelaststraw05:
    imagerachaelbritt:

North Carolina!

We have had 10 straight days of 100+ with the humidity. The old lady is swelling and having braxton hicks. 

RachaelBritt, I think you might be signed into your wife's account. Unless you also commented about when you could feel kicks and your 1st trimester yeast infections.

Yeah, is that an issue around here?

• Options
    gotchya. preciate the heads up!
  • Options
    We are born and raised in beautifully sunny Buffalo. well at least today it is, but we do enjoy getting all four seasons around here :) The leaves changing, the snow falling, the flowers in the spring and the pool weather in the summer.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Originally from Long Island NY, I have been in Sunny San Diego for almost 5 years now and I can never leave.  Weather has been perfect lately, hot enough to go to the beach but not so hot I can't work in the garden.

Oh and to our nearby neighbors in LA:

It is really weird that our daughter is from California, my wife and I are both from NY (we met out here) seems strange that she is a Cali girl and will not understand the rough and tough streets of the east coast. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"