November 2012 Moms
Options

Annoying nicknames for pregnant women

Anyone else want to drop kick people when they say,

"Hey Preggers!"

"Hey Momma!"

"Hi Mommy!"

"Hi Prego!" 

I WANT TO POWER PUKE AND DROP KICK THEM. 

oh, and then they have the AUDACITY to TOUCH my stomach!!!!! If I was 7+mos pregnant and had a huge ol belly I might be okay with it, but I'm not even 5.5mos and it's just now starting to kind of "bump out"--so it just feels soooo awkward!!!! 

the end. happy 4th. hahaha

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Annoying nicknames for pregnant women

• Options
    I couldn't agree more.  It's so obnoxious!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelavet22:
    I couldn't agree more.  It's so obnoxious!!!

Yes 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Agreed!

On the other hand, a 250 lb. black powerlifter at the gym called my husband "Daddy" the other day, which made us both laugh really hard.  

• Options

Preggie Pants...although the guy friend that called me that is a little bit Barney Stinson, so it's more funny than annoying.

Oh, and he likes to say "Lego my preggo." 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

"Prego" and "Preggers" really bothers me.  Just say "pregnant". 

• Options
    It makes me so mad when people do this, my heart rate increased when I clicked on this thread. And when people do it at work, it feels hugely undermining.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    MIL felt the need to touch my stomach at TWELVE WEEKS!!! And she's still the only one who has... TWICE! So freaking annoying! 

I've always hated "Preggers" and "Prego" and the like. I'm not quite as opinionated about Mama/Mom/Mommy
  • Options

imagesutherlandjn:
    MIL felt the need to touch my stomach at TWELVE WEEKS!!! And she's still the only one who has... TWICE! So freaking annoying! 

I've always hated "Preggers" and "Prego" and the like. I'm not quite as opinionated about Mama/Mom/Mommy

YUP! mine too!!! and my MIL is annoying anyway..she doesn't know anything about anything and it's annoying. 

PLUS, she's the one who said "is this really what you guys want" when my husband and I told her I was pregnant. that ***. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagesutherlandjn:

I'm the opposite, while I don't like Preggers/Prego, I abhor the "Mama" comments - I'm not your mother, so PLEASE stop calling me that, it's creepy! 

Brought home an extra special souvenir from vacation! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelauraliz24:

imagesutherlandjn:

I'm the opposite, while I don't like Preggers/Prego, I abhor the "Mama" comments - I'm not your mother, so PLEASE stop calling me that, it's creepy! 

YES! THIS!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How about "Chubbs"???  A little old man from church calls me that.  I know he thinks it's cute, but he's nearly had my hormones in tears twice.

• Options

a guy at work, who smokes 4x/hr, so he always walks by my desk and says something every time: its either "hi momma" OR SINGS, Queen's, Bohemian Rhapsody, "Momma, just killed a man:....OR the song "mamma mia"

I cant take it anymore and its only 19 weeks in...its got to stop

and then another IT dude, who has no social skills, comments on my eating and how Im "always in the kitchen"

I will throw punches soon enough ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"