North Florida Babies
Options

Daycare Help

I am a FTM looking for daycare for my LO. Does anyone have suggestions or previous experiences (good or bad) for daycares in the area? I live in the Intracoastal West area (Kernan Blvd). Thanks for any help!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycare Help

• Options
    Sorry, wish I could help.  Try a site that reviews your local daycares.  Reviews mean a lot to me when it comes to things like this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm not any real help for you as I don't have any kids but in my search of trying to make a budget I found a few local ones that interested me for newborn day care as I will most likely have to return to my current employment after 12 weeks since we will not be able to live off of a single income.

Guiding stars voluntary review list (a little dated but could give you some info or point you to a more current review list) 

https://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2010-11-04/story/rating-best-child-care-focus-guiding-stars-duval-program

and

https://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2011-04-03/story/finding-right-child-care-jacksonville-ratings-reports-hunches

An older story but has some good questions to ask centers while you're looking. 

Hope that helps you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am in the exact same situation and starting to look into daycares... please let me know what you were able to find.  TIA.. I also live in the Kernan area.
  • Options
    I had to put my older kids in a daycare when I was working. I looked for a learning daycare, and made sure to visit the daycare twice. Once I was scheduled and the other time I came unannounced so they would not be expecting me. Both times I got a very good impression of the place and the workers, and considering it was the fourth daycare I had looked into, I was pretty thankful. It was also a learning daycare, as they were both pre-school ages. We only had minor normal problems at the daycare, such as a kid biting my kid, and they stayed there for a year until I was laid off. They loved it, and the child that bit my child was dealt with appropriately (it is actually pretty common).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"