Military Families
Options

Missing the birth

Hey ladies!

So my husband has been out of the Marine Corps for 2 years, and has decided to re-enlist this December. Our baby is due Jan 24th. I'm like 99% sure he is going to end up missing the birth because he is changing his MOS and will have to be gone at training once he gets back in. I'm kind of disappointed because we got pregnant before he decided to go back in. I wasn't prepared to NOT have him there. I get it.. i mean, I have done the whole Marine Corps life thing. I'm glad to be going back, it's just like...oh great.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Missing the birth

• Options
    Just because he is re-enlisting in December doesn't quite mean he will ship out then, unless he has already been given a date for schooling.  It sucks he might not be there, but look at the positive.  You two will have a beautiful baby.  That's all that really matters.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You guys look so lovely together! Don't have anything too wise to add, but i agree that the most important thing is that your baby will be healthy and handsome as you two. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband is in the Marine Corps and changed duty stations last November and recently deployed with his new unit....and of course we got pregnant in December so he is unable to be at the birth this September :( Just keep your fingers crossed and think of all the positives that is what is getting me through this whole thing. I am lucky he was able to experience my pregnancy up until about 6 months. You can do it! :)
  • Options
    My husband is in the army and currently in mos and he will be out in the field from sept 8-21 my due date is the 5th and if I go into labor late he won't be there for the birth either. I was devastated when I found this out. I don't really have advice but just know that you aren't the first and won't be the last who has to go through something sucky like this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry!  Just stay strong and try to think positive.  I gave birth to our daughter two weeks ago and my husband was underway.  I didn't think I could do it alone but I did and i'm still standing.  We have a healthy beautiful baby and thats all that matters in the long run.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"