May 2011 Moms

s/o the GTKY post below

I noticed a few people commenting that their LOs were getting 2% cow's milk. Was that doctor recommended for you? I've only heard of offering whole cow's milk until they turn 2.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mmmm...cake! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: s/o the GTKY post below

• I was wondering the same thing.  I'm not a big fan of 2% milk for adults anyway. 
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • DD's doc suggested it because she doesn't need the extra calories.  He said there's ultimately not a big difference between WCM & 2%.  Caroline is my big girl.  ;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Our Dr. said we could give her whatever type of milk we drink.  He said there is no difference in the vitamins, calcium, etc between skim & whole. 

DD hasn't gotten into milk yet, so we just give her plenty of other dairy foods, so right now she isn't drinking any milk!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I thought that the difference was that whole milk contained the fat that babies need.
  • Been a while since I have been on here....  I give Ella 1%, mostly 2%, and sometimes whole.  Our doc said we can even give Skim.  Studies now show that unless your LO is really little, they don't need extra calories.  My doc didn't offer this info, but I did my own research and she said it was fine. 
  • Our pediatrician is sort of relaxed when it comes to that.  She said since DD is at a good weight and eats very well she can drink whatever we drink.  I drink skim, but I still buy DS 2 %
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesnoopy5512:
    Been a while since I have been on here....  I give Ella 1%, mostly 2%, and sometimes whole.  Our doc said we can even give Skim.  Studies now show that unless your LO is really little, they don't need extra calories.  My doc didn't offer this info, but I did my own research and she said it was fine. 

Ah. I was going to say - we were told WCM, but DD is still little bitty. She's in the bottom 5th percentile, so that's probably why our pedi said WCM.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I think it must have more to do with how many calories that your doctor feels like your child needs.  My son is SUPER, SUPER active and burns SO many calories that our doctor said to keep using whole milk.  (She actually suggested adding Carnation Instant Breakfast in one of his cups during the day.) 
  • ElocinElocin member

Our LO is well, little, so we have her on WCM. It took us awhile to get here though. It was a tough transition and we did Soy for a little bit as well. Now we still mix a little bit of formula in with each bottle, but once this container is gone, it will be just milk.

BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We give WCM because DS needs every bit of extra calories he can get.  He's a wildman and burns more than he takes in...I wish I had the same problem lol
    PCOS Clomid x 4 = BFN Met, Femara, Trigger x3 = BFP! EDD: May 18, 2011 Baby Boy born May 13, 2011 via emergency C section Our Friday the 13th miracle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"