Upstate NY Babies

Miscarriage =(

So we went to the doctor for our 8 week check up and there was no heartbeat.  The doctor told me to prepare for a miscarriage, and it started happening yesterday.  I go back to the doctor this afternoon to confirm.  My husband and I are totally bummed out.  I know how common it can be, and I'm glad that if I was going to have one, it was this early.  My grandmother had one at 5 months and my mom at 6 months.  It was just really hard because we went to a friends wedding this weekend and apparently word got around that circle of our pregnancy.  We definately didn't want to bear that kind of bad news at our friends wedding, but it was so hard faking a smile as many people came up to us to either congratulate us or ask how I was feeling.  Hopefully we'll get some answers about whether it was just a chromosomal thing or if I have some sort of deficiency.  My cousin had 3 miscarriages before they found out she didn't have enough testosterone.  My aunt had many until they found out she had an extra uteran wall.  I hope we can sort this out soon, because we are going to want to start TTC again as soon as the doctor clears us.
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but the amount of moments that take you breath away. - Anon

Re: Miscarriage =(

• I'm so sorry for your loss! It's n ever an easy thing to deal with. I've had 3 myself, so I know what you're going through. Even though they are common most people really are uneducated fools when it comes to talking to someone who's went through one. It's mentally and physically draining (unless you're completely heartless) and a lot of people have this "it happened, get over it already" attitude. I had my first one almost 2 1/2 years ago, and I still can't bring myself to tell my family. I'm not saying it'll ever get easier to deal with, but when you find people to talk to, it takes a little bit of the pain away!
  • So sorry for your loss.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry. I think about what and who my M/C would have been all the time especially now that I have LO. At one point she was as big as the baby we lost and now she's here and well. It's awful! :-( (((hugs)))
    Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had an early miscarriage last year and still catch myself daydreaming about the baby that should now be in my arms.

It's a very strange, silent type of grief that the majority of society, with the exception of those who have experienced a loss themselves, just don't seem to understand.

I found the miscarriage/loss boards on here helpful... maybe check them out?

I'll send positive thoughts your way and prayers for comfort during this difficult time.

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So sorry to hear of your loss.  I am praying for you and your husband.  May God give you much comfort and peace at this time.  Its difficult to deal with a situation like this.  I had a miscarriage 12 years ago but I also have a son who is now 11 years old. My son didnt' replace that child and I know I will see that child again one day, just like you will.   Ive heard that its much easier to get pregnant again when you have gone through something like this.  I pray God blesses you again.  My husband and I have been TTC for over a year now.  Good luck with everything.    I hope these words give you some comfort.......

Secondary Infertility 38 years old (husband has no children)
    TTC since we got married 6/18/11
    Diagnosed with DOR - AMH 0.8

Miscarriage April 2000
    Had my son 2/27/01

IUI #1 May 2012 - BFN
    IUI #2 June 2012 - BFN

Changed RE's September 2014
    IUI #3 December
    2014 - BFP-My Lil Blessing!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm sorry for your loss. It's really upsetting any time it happens. I had a molar pregnancy diagnosed at 15 weeks and it was the saddest time of my life. I've read that if you have one miscarriage, you aren't at any higher risk for another one then any other woman. So when you get pregnant again, try to be calm. It will be excruciating waiting on that first ultrasound or heartbeat, but just know that odds are in your favor. It helps to talk to people who have had a loss, I find that people who have never experienced just don't understand how bad it hurts. Chin up mama!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"