Breastfeeding
Options

Sudden drop in supply on one side?

I noticed DD was getting frustrated when nursing on my left side today. When I pumped I got only 1 ounce from that side and 3 ounces from the other side after it had been 4 hours since nursing. I don't feel any different. It was really hot today and I probably didn't drink enough fluids but I'm getting nervous because I suffered from low-supply with DS 2 1/2 years ago due to a hormonal imbalance that I still have. Any thoughts?

Re: Sudden drop in supply on one side?

• Options
    The same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago and now my lopsidedness is getting severe. I've been nursing mainly from my dud side only for the past 2 days to try to get the supply back up but it doesn't seem to be working. When I pump for 10 min I get 4 ounces from my good side and barely 1 ounce from the dud. My big boob is between a DD/E and my dud is between a C/D. I'm getting really frustrated and can't wait to see what others have to say about this issue.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Going through the same thing and hoping someone has some advice!!!

My right boob has always been bigger but this is getting ridiculous!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Add me to the list.  My left boob is a "dud" as well. 

My right one is clearly bigger just by looking at it.  And when I pump I get 4-5 oz out of right side and barely one oz out of the left.  (every time, same thing)

LO seems satisfied at both breasts though.  What gives?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"