Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Thoughts on Crib + Changer

DH and I are thinking of getting this crib. We haven't started the nursery yet, because it's still early. With the small room we have, I was thinking this crib would fit nicely along one wall. (We measured.) Then we could have a chest of drawers on another wall, rather than a wider dresser, and a glider in the corner.

Any opinions from second + time moms?

https://www.amazon.com/Stork-Craft-Portofino-Convertible-Changer/dp/B0088W7KPU/ref=sr_1_3?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1341109443&sr=1-3&keywords=Stork+Craft+Portofino+4-in-1+Fixed+Side+Convertible+Crib+and+Changer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Thoughts on Crib + Changer

• Options
    I think it's cute.  Some mom's don't use their change table that often, but we use ours almost always (when we're home) and still do.  We have a seperate change table, but I like the design of this crib you're looking at.  I think it's good that it's convertible with a few options, so you should get good use out of it.  Looks good, and should save you the space you need.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Options
    I agree it looks nice but personaly, I would stay away from a design like that.  I am pretty sure I read that kids can climb out of the crib into the changing table and fall.  It just seems to add an element of unsafety that it not necessary.  I would either put a changing pad on the dresser or get a separate changing table and a tall dresser.
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Don't get it. The combos have really small changing tables. Honestly, they seem too small to even use once baby is a few months old.

If you could fit it, I would try to get a convertible crib and a short chest that you can put the changer on.

• Options

I was very interested in these, until I read about people being concerned about their kids climbing.  And until I realized how small the changing area was.  My kid grew fast, and we're still using our changing area (we've used it 100% of the time since she was born, when we were home).  We are happy we went with a full sized dresser with a changing pad.  The area has grown with DD.

I would not do it if I were you...but it's your choice!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks guys for all the info. We still have a lot of time, so I will keep looking at various options.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"