2nd Trimester
Options

Second time + mamas, let's be real here...

How many times a week are you exercising?  My new Ob asked me if I needed any information from her about diet or exercise and I had to stifle a laugh.  Yes, between my three jobs, my chasing after a toddler, and my needing to eat constantly to not get dizzy or have migraines... yep, I'm the picture of perfection in diet and exercise.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Second time + mamas, let's be real here...

• Options
    Chasing my todder IS my workout these days. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Riiiiiggghttt. I have been spending 3 months moving from our house of 14 years to a new one.  The only exercise I have planned once that is done is when I have to walk the stairs to my basement to do laundry...lol.Stick out tongue
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I havent exercised once since I have been pregnant.  I lost almost 20 pounds in the first trimester so I am trying to catch back up on weight gain.  I do walk ALOT for work but other than that, I eat and sleep Huh?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KadyraKadyra member
    Can't exercise.  I'm on bedrest.  My son just fell down our stairs and I jumped out of bed, ran down the hall, and ran down the stairs to him.  I am feeling it now.  Nice contractions.  But what do you do?  As for diet, i try.  My meals are actually pretty good.  It's my snacks that I have trouble with.  I just freaking want cake.  And that sucks.
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagestephnews:

This :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    I work out 5-6 days a week BUT only because my gym allows Dd to play in the child center for 2hrs each day and with DH deployed it is the ONLY "me" time I get! The gym is keeping my sanity in place. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I exercise about 3 times a week, but it's just going for walks around the neighborhod with the stroller and my girlfriends. It's more for my sanity than anything. DH is deployed and while the weather is nice I try and get out of the hosue as much as possible. But there isn't any structured "exercise" routine in this house. DS is 25 lbs, that's work out enough.
  • Options

I go 3-4x/week. It keeps me sane since they have childcare! I also find that I'm a much more happy person in general if i go 

• Options
    IEtoLAIEtoLA member
    Not at all!  I worked out the first 2 months and then the exhaustion and nausea kicked in to full gear.  Not to mention that my toddler keeps me pretty busy and tired.  
  • Options
    Let's see. Now that I'm feeling better, it's pretty frequently. I'd say it just depends on the weather, now, since I have to take DD with me when DH is gone (or even if he's home!). When I was in your boat (up until last week) with having to eat constantly or else feel sick, and having a headache bad enough to take a tylenol 5 out of 7 days a week, it wasn't that often. I would drag myself out the door a couple times a week and just do my best. I'm a pretty strong believer in exercise while pregnant, so I really tried to hang in there! But my schedule is a lot more forgiving than yours.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Chasing LO, walking the dogs and cleaning has been about as active as I can be right now.
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageStarlitRN:
    I work out 5-6 days a week BUT only because my gym allows Dd to play in the child center for 2hrs each day and with DH deployed it is the ONLY "me" time I get! The gym is keeping my sanity in place. 

Yep, this.  And this pregnancy I am actually feeling pretty good and for some reason feel motivated to workout, but maybe it's just the "me" time that is motivating me... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Luckily with this being high risk (not that I'm glad I'm high risk)I'm not asked about exercising... This time around cooking babies makes me tired and sore enough!
  • Options
    Excersize? Never heard of it. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • Options
    ha.........the best I can do is go for a 30 minute walk some days -- I'm lucky I can keep the house, kids and everything else in one piece during the course of a day.  I run like crazy with my 4 and 2 year old.  Just trying to take it one day at a time! :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options

I get to the gym 2-4 times per week. We probably go for a walk around the neighborhood 1x per week cause it's so darn hot here.

My gym has 1.5 hrs/day of childcare and I'm a sahm. If I was working or didnt have access to childcare at the gym, I don't think I'd ever workout.

I gained 45 lbs with DS and really want to avoid gaining that much this time.  

pregnancy
  • Options
    I'm in the "chase my toddler, clean my house" group. I stopped working out when I was pg with my first b/c I would be so tired when I came home from work, I would almost pass out in my dinner after the m/s finally went away. I sadly never really got back on track after that...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I've been exercising every day for the past month, but ONLY because I teach and have the summer off. The past school year I was lucky to exercise 2x a week. Most weeks even that didn't happen. And I absolutely know I won't be able to keep up with this regimen once school resumes. But I figure I at least can say I was really in shape for 2.5 months of my pregnancy. . . . :/

Seriously though, how do most working moms do it? There's just too much too do in one day to actually fit in working out. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I work at a school, so off in the summer, but still hard to find time!  We are preparing to move across the country in 5 weeks.  I count cleaning out closets, bookshelves etc and shlepping kids and stuff  to ball tourneys as exercise right now!  I have gone swimming a couple of times to cool down, and it felt great.  Maybe once the move is over I will try to do more of that. 
  • Options
    imagejamdv3:

I've been exercising every day for the past month, but ONLY because I teach and have the summer off. The past school year I was lucky to exercise 2x a week. Most weeks even that didn't happen. And I absolutely know I won't be able to keep up with this regimen once school resumes. But I figure I at least can say I was really in shape for 2.5 months of my pregnancy. . . . :/

Seriously though, how do most working moms do it? There's just too much too do in one day to actually fit in working out. 

I'm not a second time mom, but I have this exact problem.. I teach and can barely manage 2x/week of work-outs.. but summers I am able to spend more time at the gym. I know it will only get worse with a toddler! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagestephnews:

This! 

• Options

zero.

If I get out for a walk during break at work or in the evening with my son once or twice/week I'm happy.

I will probably (hopefully?) start doing some sort of prenatal yoga soon, because I know it will help keep my back from hurting badly as it did with DS, and will hopefully help my carpal tunnel and arthritis in my fingers as well, just from the stretching motions.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
  • Options
    ACOOKACOOK member
    I'm a STHM and I am able to go to the gym everyday yet I find myself there maybe 2-3 times a week. Only have myself to blame for my laziness (and the 9lbs. I've gained so far). Even my DD begs me to take her to the gym. Maybe I should start listening!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Hahahahahahahaa.

Exercise. That's a good one.

I have an 18 month old, and I think that's enough.

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options

20&l=as2&o=1&a=B0051VVOB2" border="0" />

• Options
    I workout every day.  I'm trying really hard not to gain all the weight I lost after my first was born.  I don't mind a healthy amount of weight gain, but I don't want to go crazy.  I like my desserts.  Therefore, I must hit the elliptical.
  • Options
    what is this "working out" thing you speak of. like jogging? i think the j is silent. yogging? 
  • Options
    I maybe get to Zumba once a week... maybe...
  • Options
    Honestly, not at all. I watch three kids in addition to DD during the day, by the time their mom gets to my house by 7pm I am ready to pass out.

imageimage
  • Options
    ==N====N== member
    I tend to over exaggerate my exercising when anyone asks. For example I went grocery shopping today, theres an hour walk. I plan to clean the house today. Theres another hour or two. But I might take a nap in the middle. Maybe Ill dream about exercising and feel like I can say I exercised 4 hours this week.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageIEtoLA:
    Not at all!  I worked out the first 2 months and then the exhaustion and nausea kicked in to full gear.  Not to mention that my toddler keeps me pretty busy and tired.  

This.

I'd go for walks with DS, but it's too freaking hot to even set foot outside these days, it seems!  I need to get some exercise going soon. I'm starting to feel guilty.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I consider lifting my 99th percentile 15-month-old about a thousand times a day pretty good exercise. That's about it for me.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Um, hell to the no on the exercise front. I can barely leave the house without violently retching in this heat, and I almost throat punched DH for suggesting TWICE that I start to workout. Listen bro, I'm chasing my own two kids, babysitting two more part time, and trying to keep up with cleaning, laundry and cooking. I will be all for some nice walks when it gets nicer, but I'm not forcing myself to exercise in between bouts of vomiting.

I do have to say, bc DH works nights, it'd be awesome to go somewhere for an hour on my own though....if we could afford it I'd join a gym just to get some me time lol!

Oh Boy! On our way to 3! Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ugh, I am lucky to workout 3x a wk.  But, I do try b/c it helps my state of mind tremendously!!  And with this heat....  well, forget it.   My days of 5 mile runs and 90 min hot yoga session PP are over.  Like you said, chasing and lifting my 2YO are a workout :)  I have been eating alot less this pregnancy, so am actually tracking behind weight gain wise from before which is a good thing I guess!

Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm still running 4-5 times a week. Because of the heat, most of my weekly runs are on a treadmill during my lunch break. I'm lucky b/c my office has a workout room for us to use.

On the weekends I try and get an early morning long run done before 7am either on Saturday or Sunday. I'm trying to stay around 15 miles/week total for now.

I lost about 80lbs since having DD#1. I'm determined to keep my weight in control. I also don't want to start over from zero with my running endurance and mileage once the baby is here.

• Options
    Never, unless you count the long walks we take about 3x a week.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    The dog & I walk 3 times a day for about 20-30 minutes each time. It's been so hot here the past month, it's hard to be out longer than that.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    If you count trips to bathroom and water machine ...

babies

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"