Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby fell off the swing :(

Just while he was sleeping i laid him in his swing literary for a few seconds and he fell about 2.5 feet down on a carpeted area, with his back down. He cried for just about a minute. I nursed him and he was all happy and still playing and totally acting normal.
Has this ever happened to your baby?
I am so upset with myself for being so careless, especially because I am such a EXTRA careful mother. The only time i let my guard down, this happens.
I did call our pedi, he doesn't seem to be concerned. I just want to get your opinion since they always seem to think everything is ok. 

Re: Baby fell off the swing :(

• Options
    If LO is acting normal, he's probably fine.  It probably more startled him than hurt him.  Definately keep an eye on him and report any weird behavior to the pediatrician,
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    Thanks. That's what I think, he startled... he didn't cry like something hurt him, he cried like when he usually cries if he didn't sleep enough or gets sleepy or gets scared.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know what you mean.  I tripped and fell with lo in my arms; he was fine and I my body lol.  The pedi said the same thing.  It's scary, but if after about 24 hours he's still acting normal; I'd say your ok.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    * and my body hurt... sorry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Aw, you are probably more traumatized than your baby. It is ok, don't worry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ghdst1ghdst1 member
    ugh I know how that feels...when DS1 was like 6mo and was rolling I placed him on changing table to change clothes and diaper.  I had my hand on his belly to keep him in place but took it off for literally maybe 2-3 seconds to reach and get his onesie on his dresser.  He rolled off and landed like 3 feet down on the floor.  Ugh...felt awful. As long as they are okay and your pediatrician isn't worried I wouldn't worry.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"