TTC after 35

Update-family party today

Well I'm sitting in a bedroom right now making myself take a time out. I kind of had a complete meltdown very suddenly and noone needs to see this ugly cry drama.

Every single person at this party has a child except DH and I so every time my pregnant sister sits down someone starts a whole conversation about pregnancy and it goes on and on and on..Many of the guests are my other sis's friends and don't know anything about my history. I just couldn't handle it anymore. I get overwhelmed that I can't participate in conversations, its like my pregnancies are dirty little secret or something.

So for now I'm hanging here by myself and I'll wait until the redness settles down before I rejoin everyone. Somedays I just can't..

nate and teddy
Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Update-family party today

• Hugs. I know it isn't the same as family but I went for a pedicure today and two of the nail techs are PG. Another customer kept going on and on about how uncomfortable the PG ladies looked as they are due in a few weeks. She had to share her own PG stories from 30 yrs ago and I just wanted to scream "STOP TALKING, do you know how uncomfortable enduring 4 IVF without success is?" I hOpe you can return to the party soon.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Yup, that's exactly it, there has to be a million other things we could talk about instead, DH just came and found me. He said me eyes are all puffy and red. Great! I told him to just say I was checking my email, which really is only 1/2 a lie.
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!

• Loading the player...
  • Allergies are a great excuse for red, puffy eyes. A few well-timed sneezes and sniffles can really sell it!

I hate get-togethers when people can't talk about anything other than children. Even if/when I have children, I hope to goodness I have something else to talk about other than them. I'm still a complete human being with a job and interests outside of kids. 

At least at my get-together today, despite being surrounded by children everywhere, I was able to talk to MH's cousins about work, books, science, education, etc. 

I'm so sorry, Chica. Big hugs. I can't wait for you to be the one sitting down amongst a flock of hens and hearing them all cluck about you being all pregnant.

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• I'm so sorry that you have to endure this at your family party.  Hope that it's over quickly....IF sure has made me much more aware of what others around me may be going through.  Hugs and thinking of you!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • I second DW - I use allergies as an excuse all the time for my red, teary eyes. 

I hope you were able to salvage your day.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks, by the time I made it back outside all the pregnant ladies left and I then I felt silly for getting so emotional. Oh well, we're only human. 

DanielandWayne - I remember you also had a difficult get together today. I hope it went well for you.. 

nate and teddy

• I'm sorry you are drowing in a sea of pregnancy talk today :( I can only imagine how difficult that is for you. Smart to take a time out, hope you're feeling better soon. You are not silly for having feelings! It happens! :) ((hug))
  • imageMrs.McIrish:
    Hugs. I know it isn't the same as family but I went for a pedicure today and two of the nail techs are PG. Another customer kept going on and on about how uncomfortable the PG ladies looked as they are due in a few weeks. She had to share her own PG stories from 30 yrs ago and I just wanted to scream "STOP TALKING, do you know how uncomfortable enduring 4 IVF without success is?" I hOpe you can return to the party soon.

I don't know about you guys but in our nail salons here, the ladies/nail techs are VERY forward about asking if you have any kids. And if you don't WHEN you're going to have some or WHY you don't have any. Maybe it's a cultural difference, but I always find it very off-putting, rude and insensitive, not to mention uncomfortable.

• imagedhreczuck:

Thanks, by the time I made it back outside all the pregnant ladies left and I then I felt silly for getting so emotional. Oh well, we're only human. 

DanielandWayne - I remember you also had a difficult get together today. I hope it went well for you.. 

I'm sorry this event didn't go as planned for you, but give you so much credit for going these functions are tough for me and I usually find some reason not to go - I say kudos to you for going and sticking it out :) 

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm late on this but I hope the rest of the day went ok. I'm sorry it's so hard :) Sometimes I wish we all lived near each other so we could just run over to each others houses and give group hugs.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• imageBeckyP005:
    I'm late on this but I hope the rest of the day went ok. I'm sorry it's so hard :) Sometimes I wish we all lived near each other so we could just run over to each others houses and give group hugs.

This! And we could also share spare OPK/HPTs! It could be the new "cup of sugar!"

*********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• imagedanieleandwayne:

imageBeckyP005:
    I'm late on this but I hope the rest of the day went ok. I'm sorry it's so hard :) Sometimes I wish we all lived near each other so we could just run over to each others houses and give group hugs.

This! And we could also share spare OPK/HPTs! It could be the new "cup of sugar!"

Seriously....haaha

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Well I just found out my mother wants to throw my sister's baby shower in early August, she's not due until the end of November! A little early you think, my other sister is on the same page as me, we'd like to do it closer to her due date.. uggg I have WAY less time to prepare for it than I thought, and it's very likely I will be in the middle of an IVF cycle. Good times!
    nate and teddy

• Is there a particular reason-- other than grandmotherly impatience-- that your mom wants to throw the party early??

In our family, we don't do that so early-- it's just bad luck, we feel. I know every culture and family is different (and I'm superstitious, too), but that just seems like courting disaster. 

And if you're in the middle of an IVF cycle, that is just sucktastic for you. Does your mom know that the timing is going to be bad for you? Would she be willing to respect your wish to be fully present for your sister's shower and hold off until at least September or October??

-- Abraham Lincoln

• My parents live in Florida and now that they're retired its like pulling teeth to get them to travel more than a few times a year. She was already planning on heading up north for 2 weeks and doesn't want to make another trip until she has the baby, and apparently my sister has requested having it this summer because she thinks it will give her more time to purchase anything else that she'll need. 

My cousin who is due in August isn't even having her shower for another two weeks!  But I agree, I'm superstitious as well, and having unopened or used gifts in my closet collecting dust as we speak, I have a different perspective on it. 

I'm going to let her know now, that I might be doing an IVF cycle and I have no way of predicting what that schedule will look like. Worst case scenerio I just can't make it. Its not far but its still a 4 hour drive and that's w/o traffic, I would feel horrible but my sister having been through it I'm sure will somewhat understand, or at least I hope so..

nate and teddy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"