October 2011 Moms
Options

standing/cruising on tip toe

Anyone?  N loves to stand and is cruising all over the house.  He walks from room to room, if you hold his hands and is even pushing a small truck/car and walking behind it (assisted) but he is almost always on his toes.  It looks exhausting and his calves look super tight.  Sometimes he puts his heels down but its not the norm and only since I have been working with him.  When he does, he looks scared, like he's going to fall backwards.  
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: standing/cruising on tip toe

• Options
    Violet is not that mobile, but she is only on her toes too.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Options
    Amelia is nowhere near that yet, but my son was always a tip toe walker, and still is (he's 3).  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    G does all that (except he prefers to use a tipped over laundry basket to walk with) and most of it on his tiptoes. 
  • Options

Laundry basket! Genius! His car goes too fast.

Genius. :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejeannkerricotober09:

Yes we love the laundry basket also!! I found the round ones work better than the rectangular ones because they're a little taller. G has a walker too and most of the time yes he is on his tip toes. I'm thinking (hoping) it's normal for now.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kagl08kagl08 member
    DS cruises all the time on his tipey toes. It's normal as far as I know. My DD still does this and she's almost 2. She walks on her toes probably 1/2 the time. DS walks primarily on his toes. I swear this child is going to be walking any day now. Indifferent
  • Options
    imagejeannkerricotober09:

As with all things, it was an accidental discovery while I was trying to keep him occupied as I was folding laundry! Hope it works for you too.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"