November 2012 Moms
Options

21 Weeks, High BP?

Anyone else having trouble with high blood pressure? Just took mine, and it's 141/95

I don't have another doctors appt for 2 weeks but just wondering when to worry about it? I've been swelling from the knees down a LOT the past two days and I really haven't been eating a lot of salt/sodium...

any suggestions? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 21 Weeks, High BP?

• Options

Drink lots of water!! 

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member
    I have HB and on medication for it.  Just as a precaution I would call your OB, rest, rest rest and drink plenty of fluids.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are swelling and your BP is high, definitely call your doctor.  They may have you come in now to check your BP and look for protein in your urine.  I went to the doctor during my first pregnancy around 28 weeks because I had some sudden swelling.  Thankfully everything was fine but it can't hurt to check.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Does your care provider have an after hours number or can you call L & D to ask about it? If you're numbers are usually much lower than that and this is the first big bp spike, I would ask about what you should/can be doing to care for yourself. 

My last pregnancy, i had pre-eclampsia and I have chronic hypertension and my dr's threshold is any top number above 140 or a bottom of 90+ merits a call and possible trip to l & d for monitoring.

Definitely keep drinking and lay on your left side. Keep us posted. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When you took it had you been sitting for a few minutes?  My docnhas me monitor mine after I've been sitting for 5 mins.  I have HTN and am on meds for it.  The threshold he really worries about is if the bottom number is over 90.  If you take it again and it's still high I would call the after hours number.
  • Options

Thank you everyone for the kind words and advice! 

I took a nap for a bit and then retook the BP and it changed to 147/91 so I'm going to call and see what number they have for after hours and just make sure of what they want me to do :)

Will keep everyone posted! 

• Options
    In the meantime of talking to doc, rest keep your feet up and drink LOTS of water.....
  • Options

I agree, call the doc and let them know. 

I had high blood pressure at 15-16 wks. The Dr just said no salt, lots of water, and exercise. My blood pressure has gone back down and no problems since. Good luck!!!

• Options

So I ended up in the hospital after calling my doctor that night, BP ended up being fine but potassium was way down so they gave me an IV of it; unfortunately had some really bad reactions no matter how much they diluted it and since it had to go in REALLY slowly they only got 1/2 a bag in before they decided to stop torturing me and just have me come back this past tuesday for another follow up.

Went in tuesday and I got my blood panel in, they called today and everything is back to normal!!!! Was so relived.

However, they want me to start taking a lot more care at work to be seated most of the day because I could end up on bedrest seeing as how my BP only raises that much when I'm at work. (go figure... I'm a bank teller haha)

So we'll see how it goes, but all is good to go for now!

Thanks everyone for the advice and everything!! so comforting to be able to come here and have some good feedback and advice. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"