August 2012 Moms
Options

Bought my grandma a "push" present...

I know how people on here feel about push presents BUT I thought everyone would like this little tidbit from my life recently regarding push presents...

I posted about 2 months ago that my dad passed away in a motorcycle accident in April. His birthday was June 13th and we gathered at my grandma's house (his mom) to have a little "party" in his memory. As we prepared for the family dinner, it was difficult thinking about how we should decorate his favorite cake---"Happy birthday Ray"? That just didn't seem to fit the occasion as it really wasn't his birthday any longer. Should we sing? (no) And it felt weird not to have presents at this get together....so I decided to buy my grandma a "push" present.

After dinner, I stood up and announced: "These days, it is common for a husband to buy his wife a "push" present for going through labor and delivery. It didn't feel right not to have presents here at dad's party---so grandma, here is your push present---thanks for going through labor 58 years ago today to birth my dad. It means the world to all of us that you went through that to give him life because we have all enjoyed the life he had."

Maybe you don't want to expect a push present for yourself but it really made me think of how special it is to give a "push" present to my mom or grandma for going through the selfless act of childbirth so that I could have life. :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bought my grandma a "push" present...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"