November 2012 Moms
Options

Seperating Abdominal muscles

So I went to my Midwife this past week and as I was sitting up she said she noticed my belly pointed a bit when i sat up which mean my abominal muscles are sperating where they shouldn't be and now i'm freaking out! She told me to roll over when i sit up and to not do any cruches.  I feel a small dip right under my belly which is quite big and i'm freaking out! I was very in shape before and never had this problem with my first.  Anyone ever have this problem and did you belly go back to looking normal? I'm so scared =(
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Seperating Abdominal muscles

• Options

I have this as well.  I suspected it and pointed it out to my NP and she was no help whatsoever.  She said "you have it and it's only going to get worse with this pregnancy but there's nothing you can do about it now".  she also told me not to gain a bunch of extra weight because the area will just fill with fat.  Thanks!  I noticed it when I was about 13 weeks, started looking at stuff online and cried for an hour straight.  It sounds like it is fixable with surgery, but DH told me to stop looking because it made me upset!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is my third pregnancy and my belly always gets pointy when I try to sit up. I didn't realize that was an abnormal place for the abdomen muscles to separate. Did she tell you why that was abnormal? Everyone's muscles separate to some degree. And to answer your question, my abs have always gone back to normal. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure what the issue is as long as you aren't going out of your way to use your ab muscles (like crunches). I had it with DD and am starting to get it again and it was never a problem. It went back to normal after I had her and I suspect will once again. I wouldn't worry about it!
    Lilly & Ryan 7/4/09 --- Lelia Noelle 11/29/10 --- Aerilyn Grace 11/3/12
    imageimageimageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"