February 2013 Moms
Options

DH is outside smoking...

brisket and chicken. And i'm about to hurl. Normally, I love the smell of the smoker. The seasonings, the apricot wood smell....but I honestly don't think I'll be able to stay at the house today with this smell. Tonight is just the beginning of 4th of July parties we're hosting/attending. Just thinking about all the food that I will be surrounded by, let alone have to make, makes me gag. 

And I'm also about to bite the bullet and just tell everyone i'm pregnant. (we've only told my sister). Everyone will notice i'm not drinking at these parties and I know i've had quite the attitude lately. I can't stand the 100+ temps, i'm tired and nauseated constantly....at least everyone would know why I'm not acting my normal self and being such a beeotch!!!

My DH told me to suck it up and quit whining and be thankful I have a healthy baby growing inside me.  Very true, DH, very true. BUT, a little sympathy wouldn't hurt! 

Ok, i'm done! Everyone have a great weekend! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH is outside smoking...

• Options
    I can relate! 4th of July weekend for us (this weekend is when some of the towns are doing fireworks, parades, etc) means lobster and steamers. I'm already planning to hide somewhere that smell won't permeate!
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Mash67Mash67 member
    I made ribs the other night and they smelled horrible to me!! Ugh I refused to eat them, and made something different for me for dinner
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I sometimes wonder how much sympathy DH's would expect if the tables were turned and they were the ones nauseated and exhausted the whole time. Would the "Be happy your baby is healthy" line work then? Considering during my last pregnancy DH took off work because of a sore throat one day and 5 days later was complaining that I didn't want to go to a weekend retreat because I had just thrown up... um... I don't think so. My DH usually is sympathetic, but I think it's just hard for them to understand what it's really like to feel like that all the time.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"